Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Newbie: basic r/c info

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Threadhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie: basic r/c info

Please keep in mind that I am a complete newbie to *any* r/c.

I would like to get into r/c buggies (probably elect. for simplicity) for me and my son. For now, I know absolutely nothing about r/c and all the terms and jargon that go along. Is there a good site to go for all the real basic information so that I can come back and ask some intelligent questions?

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:03 PM
dagass

Default RE: Newbie: basic r/c info

Welcome! Try www.towerhobbies.com to get an idea of what RC's are available to you. If you dig through the electric section, you'll find that there are some quality electric buggies available and I'm sure you will find that they would all make a great first car. You'll need to decide if you want to build a kit (you have to build it) or buy an RTR (Ready To Run) but either way, there are plenty of choices out there. Good luck!
Old 12-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Newbie: basic r/c info

i just posted a thread titles "Guide for beginners(newbies please read)" in the general car forum, nitro forum, and monster trucks. check it out, lots of info there.