Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Denver Jet Rally

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Denver Jet Rally

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 12:52 AM
don b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denver Jet Rally

DENVER JET RALLY The Denver Jet Rally will be June 8 & 9 02
The field will be open flying on Friday the 7th We welcome all jet pilots w/ AMA and turbine pilots w/ waiver I was just wondering how many of you might be planning on coming?
T shirts- Prizes- Trophies & lunch $25.00 entry fee thanks Don B CD
Old 05-17-2002, 01:14 AM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

Default Going to the wire

Don, I heard the state dept of parks & rec might go to the wire (the week before the event) on deciding what kind of constraints might be imposed, if any, due to the prevailing drought conditions. If that's the case, will you be posting any updates here so potential out of town attendees won't be surprised at the last minute? (I'm coming regardless.)

Mike
Old 05-17-2002, 02:09 PM
don b

Default rain rain

The park depends on the local fire regulations to make their decisions as of now every thing is ok I am in touch with them and will post any news this is why I would like to know who might come Don B
Old 05-18-2002, 12:23 AM
1Eye

Default usual suspects

Don wrote:
this is why I would like to know who might come
>>>>

Well, you *know* the ususal suspects from the COS area will be bringing all their junker jets Not sure if anybody from PHX will make it - they wus out on the drive. I hope to have the gear replaced in my Bandit in time.

Mike
Old 05-18-2002, 01:24 AM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Default Trophy

As always, a Michael Gorman sculpture for the trophy's..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11430_187.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	7630  
Old 05-18-2002, 04:00 AM
kflyer

Default trophies

nice trophies,
but will anyone else win one besides jefco members and their freinds?.....................to be seen

I'll be there just for support of another flyer.
Old 05-19-2002, 02:14 AM
A10FLYR

Default Denver Jet Rally

"Will anyone else win one besides Jefco members and their friends?"

Not unless you bribe the judges with lots of money!!! that's why we have so many pilots from other clubs every year......

"I'll be there just for support of another flyer"

Good, bring lot$ of $upport $$$$$

Anonymity is a form of cowardice.......

Seriously now, we do our best to distribute the loot as fair as possible. The judges are picked from out-of-town guests, (not pilots) as well as Jefco members for that very reason. I'm sorry you feel that way but when ever there are trophys someone feels left out......fact of life! For us to attract pilots from all over the western US who do NOT always win means we must be doing something right!!
Old 05-19-2002, 02:27 PM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Denver Jet Rally

Don,
I'll be there and know of at least 5 Denver RC Eagle types and a couple other non-affiliated that plan to be there.
Old 05-19-2002, 02:28 PM
1028 DOC

Default Denver Jet Rally

Don
Denver is one of the best Jet rallys that I go to . I have been going for many years now and I will be there this year . Looking forward to visiting with all my friends
Doc
Old 05-19-2002, 11:29 PM
kflyer

Default Denver Jet Rally

want to be realistic?
you lost "best in the west " to california
even your "fun flys" have that rep.
and you've lost members because of it. every club in the area knows it.
this is sent as your clubs wake up call.......
there is no doubt it is a good fly -in, But it might as well be held as a normal jet fly. You,ve lost top pilots showing up. Jr rep went home last year.
Just time to be fair and OPEN about it.
No proplem in a loss to better plane, there is always a better plane... better even than that a10 and well all know it.
Best of scale 2001...monokote covered ?f9 (jefco)
best covering? at lest 2 others that had mirror finishes

and on, most pilots were grumbling to each other as they passed out awards.

finally just run it right and loss the rep.
PLEASE
colorado
Old 05-20-2002, 12:55 AM
1Eye

Default Babbelating

kflyer babbelated ...
there is no doubt it is a good fly -in, But it might as well be held as a normal jet fly. You,ve lost top pilots showing up. Jr rep went home last year.
>>>>

In your grand total of 2 posts to date you've contributed nothing except contradictions. Who cares if there aren't "top pilots" showing up? Are you an autograph seeker? Who cares if the JR rep went home? Were you looking for handouts? But, as you said, it is a good fly-in - that's all it's supposed to be. None of these deals are ever perfect and this event is one I like to attend, warts and all. Yup, there do seem to be some disconnects from reality on why who gets what award. I've given up on that part. But, hew, I come home with a cool shirt/hat and lots of stories to tell.

Consider this: You ought to just chill out and focus on helping your pal have a good time.

Mike
Old 05-20-2002, 01:43 AM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Denver Jet Rally

kflyer commented: "you lost "best in the west" to california".

I might be wrong, but my memory says that the 2000 DJR/Best of The West event was the first time it had been held OUTSIDE of California....(ironic since it is put on by the California RCJA )
Also, last year, I did not even get my airplane out of the car on Sunday do to the wind.....Perhaps this helped send the rep home?
Judging is always "judgemental" , and NO I am not affiliated with the JeffCo Club...but lets get some of the facts straight please?
Looking forward to a nice gathering
Greg
Old 05-20-2002, 02:08 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Denver Jet Rally

someone needs to dust off the crying baby image. the site for the denver jet rally is one of the most beautiful facilities around. if flying in the foothills is with the rockies as a backdrop is not enough to "float your boat" then you are taking yourself way too seriously.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:14 AM
A10FLYR

Default Denver Jet Rally

Want to be realistic, you lost "Best in the West" to Ca.

Well, you've just shown your ignorance once again. The event travels around the western US. to a different club each year! Just show up AND identify yourself and I will sponsor your trophy. (Of course I will have to check your identity with ADMIN) Yes it will be the same statue the rest of the real winners receive. Trust me, you deserve it and your name and a picture of you with your wonderful, shinny new trophy will be included in the list of whiners in the article we submit to RCJI. In fact I'll give you an even better chance of winning a trophy! I'll stay away!!
*Want your name engraved on it?*

Lost top pilots? Hell, we are the ONLY area club to attract top jet pilots in the first place. Did we lose them because we didn't give them a trophy? Well, I guess we could say that we gave the trophies to the Colorado boys! Naaa.....

Monokoted F9? What's the difference between monokoted F9 and Presto on Top Gun winners? By the way, we are not judging by "Precision Scale" rules, only what is appealing to the eye of the judge. The "Scale Masters Qualifier" is a different event.

Better even than that A-10 and well all know it.....
Well, if the trophy is for "Best of Twin Turbine" and I happen to have the only twin turbine powered aircraft...don't you think I deserve it? Besides I sponsored it so I could win it! ;>)

I got in this hobby for fun and I'm keeping it that way!! No more out of me on this subject.
Old 05-20-2002, 03:25 AM
kflyer

Default Denver Jet Rally

well i at least got you finally thinking about it.
and from that it might change. that is what it is about.

I know what goes into a fly in, i have helped , i worked , and it may change.
I always wish the for the best outcome. how can i not, with the thounds that I have invested myself.

Good luck .
and being able to out buy your compition does not always work
and everybody started some where so act like it.

and i am moving on to something else more productive myself

BYE.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:28 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just some more facts

Sorry just a couple of facts for " kflyer " to ponder:

The CRCJA puts on the "Best in the West" Jet rally every year. in the interest of putting the name to use we have taken it on the road to other fields so that we can PROMOTE our section of the hobby by having our memebrs attend other jet events that we would normally not have in mind. (in other words have more of us support other clubs and fields so we can all have a good time and meet more people that share in our passion for jets). JEFCO has such a nice field and Friendly club, that we just had to have it there. The location is the best I have been to and I know of NO other club with two runways.

The CRCJA is just a club trying to promote the Hobby and bring everyone together for some fun in the sun, I don't think that there is a state with more Jet Fliers than Cali and we had no organized events for a while (1994-96) when I got into jets, but look at our calendar of events for last year and this year and you will see that our club has helped sprout or created enough events keep all of our wives really mad at us during the whole year.

I just have to say thanks to JEFCO again for a great time we had in Denver.

Turbulence
CRCJA

" kflyer " Please keep the CRJCA and "Best in the West" out of post that contradic what we are about if you do not know the whole story.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:26 AM
A10FLYER

Default Denver Jet Rally

Don,

My Father and I will be there with our MiG and A-10. Can't wait for it. You guys put on a great show, one of my favorites!

Kflyer, for the record, I am NOT from Denver or Colorado and I have won 2 trophies at the meet. The Jeffco meet is well put together and the field is awesome. Are you saying I'm not a good pilot because I was there? Best in the West was also in St. George, Utah before Denver. It's a traveling meet, duh.

See you guys in a couple weeks!