Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hummingbird spins out of control (HELP!)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hummingbird spins out of control (HELP!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Double-OZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hummingbird spins out of control (HELP!)

Ahalllllrighty then!!! Well the hummingbird is up and hovering. Had a couple of issues that were sorted out once I got my LiPo pack. Balanced her out and was hovering within a couple of flights. Mind you I still go down from time to time. HERE IS THE QUESTION:

With the transmitter on and a fully charged pack in both the heli and the TX. After flying for a couple of minutes it seems like the RX is getting a stray signal from somewhere.... My bird will spin out of control at full throttle no matter what I do to the transmitter. The only other time that I've experienced this was with one of my RX's for a plane. The filter crystal was shattered and wouldn't properly filter out stray signals.

Any one ever experience this?? Root Cause??? Maybe voltage too low?? I really need some help I can't afford too many more blades. I've gone through 3 sets of both main and rotor blades becase of this. Getting to become a little too much for my wife.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:20 PM
MTDV
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: Hummingbird spins out of control (HELP!)

I don't have any Hummingbird heli, so I could not experience that problem. However, base on what you experienced should be thermal problem because it ran okay for the first couple minutes, but spinning out of control after that. You may go back to the regular battery to see if the problem still exists. If that problem goes away, then the lipo battery could cause the CMOS on the board getting to the margin of its current specification. Let me know if this helps, or I can find out something else for you.

MTDV
Old 12-22-2003, 12:34 AM
VULTCH

I had problems with my HB and radio glitches. I rerouted the ant. wire and solved the problem. Also the last post may be correct concerning the regulator. Try to keep the mixing board as cool as posible. Do not mount it on the motor, I'm using 3cell Lipo battery with no problems yet. Hope this helps
Old 12-22-2003, 01:09 AM
Double-OZERO

I do have my antenna around a straw. Should I just attach it to the stabilizer fin??
Old 12-22-2003, 01:25 AM
VULTCH

I routed mine across the tail fin and then back to the one of the skids. I used electrical tape to hold it to the top of the skid.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:30 AM
Double-OZERO

I'm gonna try this rerouting out. Funny thing about it is that I've flown one pack out without it doing this before with the same exact setup. But I'm gonna give it a shot and let you know.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Double-OZERO

VULTCH!!!!!
You are the MAN!!! Alright enough of that. It worked except I couldn't find a real good spot to route it so I fastened a weight to it and let it hang. Not a single glitch. Practiced for a full pack last night before I went to bed. Got another question for you now. Do you have the heat sinks on your motors?? I do and they really seem to help with keeping the motors cool. I can't even feel the motor getting warm anymore.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:49 AM
VULTCH

Yes I do have the heatsinks on both motors. Just installed an MP Jet brushless motor. Can't wait to try it. If you are using a 3cell LiPo battery you may want to solder a 10mfd 16volt capactor across the tail motor leads to prolong motor life. Oil both motors frequently. HAVE FUN!!!