Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

How do i remove the head stiffener?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

How do i remove the head stiffener?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 02:25 PM
bluesilver30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i remove the head stiffener?

I have a hummingbird, and i want to replace my stock head stiffener with the helihobbies one. how do i remove the ball bearing links from the stiffener? should i just pull real hard, or is there a trick to it? thanks.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Double-OZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do i remove the head stiffener?

What in the world do you mean?? The stock hummingbird doesn't have a "head stiffener" it has a head but a stiffener is a mod. If you're talking about replacing the stock plastic head with the aluminum one from helihobby all you have to do is remove the links off the balls and put pressure on one side of the head while pulling up on the other. Once you have it so one side is free of the bearing you can keep it at about a 45 degree angle and slide it at a downward angle to bring the other bearing to the wider opening and it should just fall right off.

Keep in mind when you put the aluminum head on it's not designed to flex around the bearings so it will take a little extra force to get it on. I usually set one of the bearings in the middle of the head where the whole is and slide it to where one of the bearings is almost seated and simultaneosly push the head over the other bearing. Like I said before the aluminum head isn't designed to conform around those bearings so It will be a little loose. This shouldn't be a problem if there is a little bit of play and you have your blades balanced. Once she spins up she'll even out. But if it is too much and trust me you'll know wrap some tape around the bearings to take up the slack.

Lets clarify real quick so we can try to help. Are you talking about removing the bearings or the head?

Hope this helps.