Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

composite-arf extra engine mount

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

composite-arf extra engine mount

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 12:51 PM
mogles
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default composite-arf extra engine mount

Fellows,

I would greatly appreciated if anyone could give me some info. Reading some of the posts regarding the extra 2.6m, on mine the firewall doesn't have any marks for the DA mounts at all. Anyone could give me some info? I am planning to use 28/10 mejzlik. How many washers do i need?

Second, does the DA ignition require a 6V battery? I ran my 3W with 4.8 with no problem.

One more: How is the balance on yours? (running the DA). I have a H9 tail gear which is a bit heavy. If it is too heavy I might swich to the carbon one but would like to know if the balance would be ok with it.

Thanks for any info.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: composite-arf extra engine mount

Mine didn't have marks either, just center them the best you can. You'll need to space the DA about 4-5mm from the firewall. DA's ignition works well with 4.8 volts, and my plane balances about an inch behind the wing spar with a DA-100, 8oz spinner, and Sig tailwheel. Good luck!
Old 12-26-2003, 12:22 AM
mogles
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: composite-arf extra engine mount

Ryan,

I found the best way to line up the motor. This requires the spinner

draw on a piece of paper the motor holes with the center and place it on the firewall (this doesn't have to be perfect and will be just for reference)
mount temporary the cowl
place the spinner where it needs to go (obviously this should line up with the top of the cowl)
look through the spinner where your center is
from there you can find out exactly where your motor should go as well as adjust for necessary degrees you need to angle the motor.

Perfect fit.

as you see from the picture I had to move the motor 12mm up to line up the motor correctly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61311.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	85197