Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Instable wobbling Aerohawk

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Instable wobbling Aerohawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 06:41 AM
yvomans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instable wobbling Aerohawk

I'm struggling with my Smartech Aerohawk e-heli. When 5 sec in air it starts shaking and wobbling till it crashes. The height (50 cm or 2 m) doesn't really matter. I read some solutions in previous posts. Balancing of the mainrotors was not necessary. The yellow tube on the main mast has already been replaced by a alu piece. Nothing helps! Who can help me out?!
Old 11-19-2003, 08:48 AM
telemark07

Default RE: Instable wobbling Aerohawk

try and tighten your rotor baldes I have mine rather tigh and they fly much better ..but you have to centre them befoer you start they wont centre themselves...
also ditch the CF shaft ..its useless geta Ssteel one or a TI one
good luck

doug
Old 11-19-2003, 08:57 AM
MTDV
My Feedback: (58)

Balance the tail blade would help too.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:32 PM
rødebaldakin

If your heli wobbles something is out of balance or something on your heli is not tied down properly or some part in the rotor is loose or out of position. If you have the pingpongball trainer legs on they can make minor vibrations develop into huge wobling movements that offsets the blades etc etc. Try taking of the ping pong balls or make the rod shorter. Rotorblades should be pretty tight and pull them apart by the tips before takeoff. Spinn the rotor up slowly, if there is any vibrations stop it and go back to balancing.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:19 PM
sherif

Default RE: Instable wobbling <span class=

i have an aerohawk which does he same, right after take off, it wobbles and crash. I read the posts and tried to tighten the main blade but it just wont tighten still loose. they are blanced though i put them toghter they are the same. any suggestions.
also the training gear it wobbles even worse. can any one help pls.?
Old 11-21-2003, 12:03 AM
CraZiVi3tDuDe
My Feedback: (18)

look at your main gear and check to see if the motor is too tight and too close to the gear. too close and stiff will cause the motor to have stress and will shake the whole heli.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:06 AM
yvomans

Alright! Thanks to Doug the heli is quite stable now. Balanced everything carefully and TIGHTENED the main rotorwings. This had major effect. Now go on with finetuning and learn fly for longer than 30 sec!
Old 11-22-2003, 03:43 AM
sherif

i took your advise, and looked at the motor and you are right, it is too close to the main gear and by adjusting the wobbling is gone and the shakes are gone too. i hoovered for 30 sec then there was not enough power to lift the heli(battery) any recommendations for a longer flying time battery??
CraZiVi3tDuDe where do you buy aerohawk from Charlotte or raligh NC?
Thanks for all the help
Old 11-23-2003, 01:50 PM
CraZiVi3tDuDe
My Feedback: (18)

i purchase my skylark from an ebay seller for $240 shipped and it came really great. i had no problem with mine after a few tweaks. what kind of battery you are using? i i use the original 8.4volts ni-Mh that came with the bird. The charger i use to charge is the Hobicco 905. its a quick charger and it charges full in 12min. i then get a long flight time maybe around 20min. your battery could be bad if it only last for 30 sec. the battery could have had shortage or leakage.

btw where are you from?
Old 11-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Blue Max

Hey, am I glad I found you guy's, I'm an Aerohawk newbie with the wobble problem also! Unfortunatly my last wobble resulted in a crash and broke the tail blade. But hey, any crash you can walk away from isn't so bad! In waiting for my new tail blade I'm checking all the components in preperation for my next flight. You have given me many ideas on things to check out. My first question is...
The ping pong balls on the metal rods, are they worth using? Or do they just make it harder to fly?
Old 11-24-2003, 03:23 AM
sherif

iam from cairo egypt, but i go to nc often. could anyone advise me which battery litium to get for aerohawk?
the battery i have cam with the heli. it is 700 8.4 v. does the tail strts going crazy when the charge is not full? the battery does not seem to last v ery long.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:26 AM
sherif

hi, i saw that you are online now so how is flying the aerohawk going. are youi using the battery with it ? how long does it last?
Old 11-24-2003, 04:17 AM
yvomans

Quite stable now. Tigntening the mainblades worked best. It keeps quite critical to keep it stable. Any little change results in an instable bird! My battery is about 15-20min. use a Robbe quickcharge with delta. Auto-discharge always before charging.

Anyone lipo experience with Aerohawk/Skylark??
Old 11-24-2003, 04:22 AM
sherif

you get 15 to 20 min of flying time? how do you discharge the battery the one that came with it? the charger does not discharge?
how long do you charge the battery with it? till it is too hot or what?
thanks
Old 11-24-2003, 08:46 AM
yvomans

15 to 20 max. I'm only practise flying, so maybe it;s not that realistic. I use an automatic dis/charger. It does delta-peak measurments. I can see on the display that is mostly charges around 740-750 mAh. I do this @ 1,5Ah than it takes around 15 min. to charge. Battery is hot, but not to much.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:43 PM
sherif

now after 2 to 3 hrs of charging, the heli won't stop spining. is it the automatic gyro, or just the battery not charged long enough?
Old 11-24-2003, 03:54 PM
rødebaldakin

Hi, aerohawks ESC like most escs recalibrates when the power is turned on. So if your trim on throttle and tail arnt reset and the throttle stick is not in zero position you might get a enginge that never stops and also a tail that cant be trimmed out. Battery should charge untill its pretty pleasantly warm to the touch,, takes about 2-3 hours. If your battery doesnt last for about 10 minuttes of flying its either faulty, or fried from overcharging.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:51 AM
sherif

hi, ive owned the aerohawk for almost 2 moth now. i tried to fly it and broke many parts but still challenged me enough to continue.
so far i spent much more money in parts and two batteries lithuim to get more flying times, and still broke the rotor head.
could all this been happening because of flying inside? i have limited space. can any one advise me where is the best to learn to fly, out or inside?? i need a lot of help and advise. how is the aerohawk supposed to perform when everything is balaced and correct? stable or with moving the sticks? all of your comments are highly appreciated.
thankyou