Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Isn't the cowl supposed to fit?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Isn't the cowl supposed to fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 08:29 PM
jldecarlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isn't the cowl supposed to fit?

I started assembing the WH Edge today, and the cowl doesn't fit. It is too small to fit over the fuse so that the mounting holes will line up. You can put both screws in either side, but not into both sides at the same time.

I can make it fit by splitting the cowl a little on the bottom (will have to anyway for exhaust) and elongating the holes. Is this OK or is there a real problem with my Edge?

Leonard
Old 12-27-2003, 08:42 AM
rcpilotjae-RCU
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Isn't the cowl supposed to fit?

Sounds like you maybe putting the cowl on wrong. It's a tight fit, but go in straight with it and make sure it's lined up on both sides. One side may be put on more than the other and it will then not fit properly. Both sides have to be even and then you'll see that the cowl lines up nicely. Since all the cowls are mass produced they are all the same size. It might be that the screw holes are drilled a bit off, in which case you'll have to correct for it. If it's way off, and your using a gas engine as most are then when you cut the hole for the engine and muffler exhausts it will 'stretch' even more like you said and should fit. Good luck and hope it works out for you.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:50 PM
jldecarlo

Default RE: Isn't the cowl supposed to fit?

I started working on the cowl today. After opening the bottom a little for the exhaust, and slightly elongating the mounting holes, it is a tight fit, but it fits. I guess that I was a little skittish about cutting into the beautiful yellow cowl.

Leonard