Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Anyone got a broken Hornet Chassis?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Anyone got a broken Hornet Chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 07:12 PM
JasonRP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a broken Hornet Chassis?

I want to make a chassis for a micro heli of my own design (sort of). I want to scratch build a chopper. I know it's much easier and cheaper to just buy the kit, but I still want to attempt a full-up scratch build just to see if I can do it. I plan to use the main blade running gear from a Hornet, and a tail setup like a Picallo.

Since I will be using the Hornet running gear, I would like to make a chassis very similar to the hornet chassis block, only I don't want to shell out 20 bucks for a new one and then wait a month for it to come in! Plus, I don't want to spend a lot on this scratch built project, since if (when) I fail, I'll just go out and buy a kit of one, and then I'll really be mad that I used all kinds of new parts!!

So- Anyone got a broken hornet chassis (part #E001) they'd like to sell me? I just need it for the dimensions, so even if it is pretty screwed up, as long as it is complete, I'll buy it and also pay for shipping of course..

I'd also be interested in anything else that is broken from a hornet.. I figure this will help me out designing one on the cheap, and it beats throwing away your old broken parts..

Jason