Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

21st Century Coverite Iron

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

21st Century Coverite Iron

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 11:45 PM
drbutton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21st Century Coverite Iron

Hello everyone,
I just covered the wing of my Burrito profile with this iron, and man is it better than that other little iron I once used. This thing is both an iron and trim sealer in one, plus it holds its temp to within 3 degrees (at least, that's what the review says..hehe). Yeah, it's about $30, but worth every penny, as far as I'm concerned. Plus, $30 probably won't get you both a regular iron AND a trim sealer. Way to go, Coverite!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:47 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 21st Century Coverite Iron

I too have been using the 21st Century iron. I lost count of the cheap ones that died over the years. I have been using it for just over 3 years now and I do think it is the best one out there. I also like the way the sock goes on. It does not wear out the tip like the other models.

Dru.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:27 AM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the same kind and i really belive my covering jobs are twice as good as before using that little p.o.s. tower hobbies one i tossed. I now recommend it to everyone i know!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:21 AM
CafeenMan

I've had two irons. My first was made by Royal and it never died, but the teflon was pretty much gone. I bought the 21st century iron and tossed my royal iron. I really like this iron too. Very well done and the price is reasonable.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:03 AM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Have both the regular Coverite iron and the Trim iron too. Best I ever used and it's been going for a much longer time than the cheapies. You get what you pay for. Because they have lasted so long as compared to the others it's paid for itself. The teflon lasts well and if I don't have a covering sock handy I clean it with Ironex.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:20 AM
CafeenMan

Ballgunner - I don't use the socks either. I just can't figure them out. They seem like more of a nuisance than anything else. Mine came with one and I tried it a couple times and put it back in the box.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:34 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use socks over my coverite iron as the teflon coating wears out after some time. The coverite replacement socks is pretty expensive. The top flite socks is much cheaper and fits the coverite well. You could use thin cotton baby socks too