Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

DuBro Safety lock clevices?

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

DuBro Safety lock clevices?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Patriot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DuBro Safety lock clevices?

I have always used the 4-40 metal kwik links by dubro. But, I was thinking of using the synthetic Safety Lock Links in 4-40 or 2mm on my next project. Just wanted to know what you all thought of these. Have you guys used these alot? And are they pretty easy to use? Are they reliable and strong enough for aerobatics? etc etc etc

Patriot
Old 01-21-2004, 06:32 PM
J_R

Default RE: DuBro Safety lock clevices?

I tried them once. They looked like a good idea. I used them on a pull pull rudder. During setup, the threads, which I had tapped, pulled out. That was it. I never gave them another chance.

I use the Sullivan gold clevis with the keeper on it. I have never had a problem. I make sure that I use the nut that comes with them, to keep the linkage from working them and eventually stripping the threads.

JR
Old 01-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Patriot

I thought they were self tapping and that you're not supposed to tap them before you drill in the threaded rod? i can see how pre-tapping them may ause a problem. is this what you did?

Patriot
Old 01-21-2004, 07:23 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Patriot, I use the 2-56 size in 40 size planes, and the 4-40 in the larger ones. I will be using them in my upcoming 28% gas project. They're great.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:52 PM
Patriot

When using a Nylon pushrod with these clevices, what is generally used on the other end of the pushrod? A regular steel clevice? The reason I ask is because I thought these Safety lock types weren't really meant for adjustments, since once you put them on, they should stay on, and aren't really meant for adjusting the length of the rod. Is this true?

Patriot
Old 01-21-2004, 07:58 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Patriot, you could use them on both ends of the pushrod, and you could screw them in or out to adjust the mechanical length of your linkage. I normally use them on the control horn end, and I use ball links or ez links on the servo horn end.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Patriot

sounds good to me. Thanks.

Patriot