Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

airplane radio???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Billyman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: airplane radio???

I like your avator.

Does that help?

I'm jerking your chain man.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:59 PM
neo

This thread has evolved in a quite funny way... But I just wonder if it is possible to do that thing nodolarsnosense said?

" in theory, if u had the skills using a plane/heli transmitter would allow u to control 2 vehicles at once, one with each stick wouldn’t it? (if u buy extra receiver etc). that opens up all sorts of possibilities. you can race yourself etc (very hard) "

(Don’t know how I do the nice boxes you other guys do...)
Old 02-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Billyman
My Feedback: (1)

From what little experimentation I have done, (the old Nikko’s noted above) here’s what I think was happening and the foreseen problems which would occur with other attempts.

When trying to drive the two exact same cars (at 49MHz if I remember correctly), the transmitter wasn’t strong enough to feed both receivers. When they were close enough to me, they were in perfect harmony and mimicked each others movements. However, due to the fact that all is not created equal, they didn’t necessarily fallow in the same paths (slight difference in turning radius and whatnot). As they got farther away, one might respond quicker than the other interrupting their ballet.

Due to the fact that somewhere, sometime, when you’re out bashing around with a truck or flying the skies with your Piper, there’s always some minute (my-noot) radio interference that you don’t know that is there. It may be for a split second, maybe a nanosecond, but it’s there whether it’s recognizable or not.

Back to “not created equalâ€. Two trucks, same brand, same everything, out of the box RTR….one runs a tad faster, one turns a tad tighter, one responds a tad different. Two planes built identical? Impossible. Maybe the ailerons are half a degree steeper at full or maybe the rudder swings just a bit farther…….

Between the interferences, the dividing of a single signal and imperfections in a “matchâ€, I would say it wouldn’t quite work as well as one would hope. But I’ve been wrong before too
Old 02-04-2004, 09:16 PM
hb

you only need a standard 2 ch car radio system and another thing a standatd car radio frequency is low usually 27 megahertz.
if you use a airplane radio you could have interference in a race or other places and loose control of your car. this will happen with dual conversion radios and crystals. if you have a single conversion reciever and crystal don't let me hold you back go ahead it will be like a standard car radio
Old 02-05-2004, 04:06 AM
neo

Okay... But it would be funny to drive two cars whit the same radio at the same time...
I think I will by a 2 channel radio... is the futaba 2PH a good radio?
Old 02-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Invest in a better radio. You had a good choice in the 6EXA. When I got started in airplanes (Only 3 /4 months ago) (I'm still a newbie) I went with a Futaba 6YG non-computer. I've regretted it.

DO the same thing with the car. At least get a 3PDF-X if you want futaba. If you don't care, try the Aggressor CRX w/ Novak XXtra if you can afford it (239 I think)
Old 02-06-2004, 07:42 PM
OldWolf

Since this thread upped, I'd like to put my two cents.
Unlike US here we use 35mhz for Air and 40mhz for ground applications.
I have a 7ch Hitec fully programmable TX. Instead of using a crappy car radio (since I didn't want to invest on good ones on those days), I bought a 40mhz module and a 2ch RX and it is all done. I use the same TX for car and plane. I have all options (almost all don't have ABS though) like EPA, Expo, Dual, even mixes with my car for only 50$ moreover it is totally legal
Old 02-07-2004, 12:49 AM
G1GY

But your still driving your car with a stick. I done this for a few years and realized how much better a wheel is when I got my first one.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:37 AM
OldWolf

Default RE: RE: airplane radio???

That's another point and you're right. As I said this is just my 2cents.
On the other hand; Wheel feels really good on steering, however with a sick which has almost 40 stop points, you got a much precise throttle control.

At the end of the day; If you got a airplane raido and don't wanna spend on a new radio then you can use it with your car in a legal way as mentioned in previous message. But whenever you got the budget buy a pistol TX

Happy driving, flying, sailing.
Just be happy