Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Found a new product for park flyers $11.00 seems like a heck of a deal

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Found a new product for park flyers $11.00 seems like a heck of a deal

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 12:43 AM
R/Ckrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a new product for park flyers $11.00 seems like a heck of a deal

During my nightly 'surfing' i found this micro antenna for park flyers and indoor flyers. It apparently replaces the long original antenna with this 3" unit and works with all receivers.

They say its even LIGHTER than the original antenna (thats what caught my eye) and since its only 3" you don't have to have the long original hanginging off the airplane. I checked out the specs on it and they look pretty darned good.
This is where i found it:

micro z antenna
Old 06-13-2002, 10:11 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Default same antenna cheaper

Almost identical antenna available from www.radicalrc.com for less money.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:53 PM
Bill Germanson
My Feedback: (4)

Been seeing more and more posts on these antennas and some of them have been warning about some manufactures not working as good as others. The one that always seems to get the good rep is the Azarr.

http://www.azarr.com/antennas.htm

Have not tried one yet but hoping to get one at the SEFF this weekend for my Cub that currently is dragging about 2' of wire.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 06-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Azarr

Originally posted by Bill Germanson
Been seeing more and more posts on these antennas and some of them have been warning about some manufactures not working as good as others. The one that always seems to get the good rep is the Azarr.

http://www.azarr.com/antennas.htm

Have not tried one yet but hoping to get one at the SEFF this weekend for my Cub that currently is dragging about 2' of wire.

Thanks,

Bill
Unfortunately we won't be able to make the SEFF this weekend, but Radical R/C will be there and they normally have a stock of our antennas. The "secret" (there is no secret) to our antenna success is that each of our antennas is individually tuned to the 72mhz band instead of using a set length of wire. Unlike the "clones" appearing on the market, they've been tested by the AMA and by receiver manufacturers. Here's what Peter Berg, manufacturer of the Berg micro receivers had to say.

QUOTE conclusion:

fly anywhere you want to with the M72, i would feel comfortable specifying a reliable 1-mile range which is probably more than any model for which this is intended, would ever be flown

nice product, azarr

peter berg UNQUOTE

Azarr
E Cubed R/C