Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Phenoix Models Sukhoi engine transplant.

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Phenoix Models Sukhoi engine transplant.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 07:58 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phenoix Models Sukhoi engine transplant.

I been flying my Sukhoi with a OS 46 FX and the tower pipe for some time now. I used a 11 X 6 APC and it pulled it along very well. I was able to do any maneuver out there except have vertical power. It would go vertical but would eventually top out and stall. It was very fun to fly yet I wanted more power.

Last night I installed an MVVS .77 with mini pipe. I am using a Top Flight 14x6 right now and it really pulls it along. I had this engine laying around and figured what the heck and just tried it out.

I did have to move my battery to rear to compensate the weight. I got it balanced it out and can not tell the extra weight difference when flying. It acts still the same as it did before. Since the cowl is so big it fit inside no problems. I just had to cut out a hole for the head to stick through.Today I flew it for first time and it was awesome! It accelerates going vertical and will hover all day long. This is the extra power I was looking for and am really happy with this set up.

It is not any faster since I am turning less rpm and less pitch on prop. But I have the awesome thrust I was looking for. That was my main thing was thrust not speed. If I wanted more speed I could always go to a 12x10 or 13x8 or something. Then again that would totally defy my whole purpose of using the extra power for thrust.

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26779.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	103496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74795.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	103497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk18008.jpg