Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kangke Cap232ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kangke Cap232ARF

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Wulf
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kangke Cap232ARF

I have a Kangke Cap 231 and am in the balanancing mode right now.Looks like I have to add 16 oz weight up front .Is this common for this plane .I have a Os1.08 FSR engine mounted and the Batts are up front.Whats the easiest way to add this much weight to the front end of plane .I`ve never had to add this much weight before.
Appreciate some help.
Thanks
Old 02-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Wulf
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Kangeke Cap232

Sorry It`s a Cap 232 my mistake.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:34 AM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: Kangeke Cap232

What CG are you measuring from? If it's less than 30% of MAC, you can try balancing back that far as a fall-back point. Manual recommendations are typically conservative. Do you have room to re-mount the engine further out from the firewall? I would try to hang the cowl out as far as possible, add an engine box or stand-offs or whatever to minimize the amount of lead. If you do the engine box, then you could probably move the throttle servo right up behind the engine, probably also put the battery further forward. Throw in a redundant battery, might as well get something useful from the added weight. Also look for anything you can do to take weight out of the tail. If you have sheet balsa tailfeathers, I'd replace them with framed up stick balsa. A pound of lead is worth a lot of rebuilding in my book. If you move the engine forward, do you have room to move the landing gear forward as well? Even a half inch further forward will save some lead in the nose. Do you have a bigger engine you can put in? I'm getting ready to put a Kangke Extra ARF together (more or less same size as your CAP), and I'm thinking SuperTigre 2300 for power. Bigger engine with less lead will fly lots better than smaller engine more lead. Wanna buy my old SuperTigre 3000? It runs good, pulls like a horse, weighs 3 pounds! For less than a hundred bucks, your problem would be solved!