Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

does lighter wieght= faster

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 05:23 PM
IhrtTamiya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: does lighter wieght= faster

i dont know...its just great to talk about the beautiful machine called automobile. viza-if you put low profiles on that car i will steal your car and give it to someone who knows wut they are doing(which im sure you are because you dont want to put low profiles on) and if a rim breaks, it is cheap. they shouldnt be breaking, especially at 30mph. here in america there are restrictions, that is why are huge engines arent as powerful as they should be and the bigger engines make a better sound(at least i think so) besides...a good size engine to me is a 5 liter and they can be made extremely powerful.

also: 500 for a set of 4 is extremely cheap considering them low profiles are close to 1000.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:24 PM
vizaracer

true. the 500 dollars were just the tires alone. no rims. yea the restrictions kill the engines. the nice thing about the classic cars is that they have less restrictions on them at least. i have no exhaust restrictions and i have very little emissions. my friend had low profile steel rims on his car. brad, that wasnt your bro's wreak, im talking about a kid in MD that i know. i was living there when he wreaked it. i know you were gonna look at this post so i just put this here. i think the bigger engines also make a better sound IhrtTamiya. yea a 5.0 was also a huge engine to me before. i only got this car for 15k also. its a good deal to me because the car is worth more than that. it also has the 6.3 liter. most of the cars with the 5.0's cost like 23k or so for a brand new one.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:21 PM
DCLXVI

Talk about getting off-topic...I think that I'll say:

If you decrease the weight of an R/C car you can gear if for more speed, w/o the gearing change, you won't get much more speed, just better accel...

And perhaps this thread can get back on track, not that it is anything wrong with V8 powered 60's american cars (my favourite car is the -65 HT Mustang)...although...you forgot how to make good looking cars during the eighties...