Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Thunderbird diagram

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Thunderbird diagram

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:02 AM
James56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunderbird diagram

Can anyone tell me where to find a wiring diagram for a Colco thunderbird. And if I want to go direct drive for my tail motor how do you set up the speed of the motor so it would be at the right RPM with out a gear it would be way to fast.
Thanks
Old 03-13-2004, 08:21 PM
viet-pilotw3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunderbird diagram

James , from what i've learned the thunderbird is an exact replica of the d-5 dragonfly , except the power is 9.6 volts instead of 8.4 the new dragonfly does come with the 370 main motor and the gws dd tail motor which is the same as the $ 10.00 one I told you about in another forum, as far as the dd and prop speed the ESC should automatically compinsate for the tail motor speed, more thrust less rpm less current. Study pie in basic electricity and AC , DC Theory. higher voltage means less amprage so the motor will last longer on a higher voltage and run cooler, , The colco thunderbird is rated as 9.6 volts but you shouldnt be drawing that much to the tail motor , maybe 4.8 or so the 11.1 lipo makes this bird rock, more voltage less amperage longer lasting motor, you can always fuse your motors if you want to protect them from over amperage but voltage just changes the speed (RPM) of a D.C. motor. My calculations are more voltage less amperage longer motor life. and again break-in them brushed motors they will last longer if you do.