Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Tunder Tiger .91 Four stroke mounting problem

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Tunder Tiger .91 Four stroke mounting problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunder Tiger .91 Four stroke mounting problem

I am mounting a Thunder Tiger .91 Four stroke engine on a World Models .60 Zero. The engine is mounted upside down. The location where the engine mounts to the engine mounts is center to the fuel tank outlet. The problem is I get a fuel drip from the carbutrator while starting. The location of the carb is way under the level of the center of the tank. I don't think the engine can go much further up to make the fuel not drip out and the mounting holes are already drilled. It runs it runs okey it's just the messy drip that is anoying.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tunder Tiger .91 Four stroke mounting problem

On many radial engine cowls it is possible to mount the engine up right, the motor mount holes to the firewall are often symetrical, just unscrew and flip over. The carb on the TT .91 and nearly all four strokes are mounted to be at the same position as a front rotery two stroke so it's not a problem with the engine. You should call World Models if you can't work it out.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

So if I mount the engine upright it won't be visible over the top of the cowel, I would just need the hole for the plug clip to enter or should I cut a opening for the whole head. I did get some aluminum motor mounts adn a new cowel so I can put the engine in any placement at this point. The top of the cowel looks nicer without any visible openings but a hole for the plug clip might not be too bad looking.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:08 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

DuBro makes a very nice remote glow igniter