Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

how to convert to jpeg??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 12:34 PM
vizaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to convert to jpeg??

how do i convert my mpeg to a jpeg??
Old 04-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Burnt Toe

Default RE: how to convert to jpeg??

Ok, first a mpeg is a video format and jpeg is a still picture format so i presume you want to take still pictures out of your video?

There are a couple of ways..

1) Open your video in which ever player you use, pause at the point you want to take your picture. Hold down 'Alt' and then press 'print scrn' this button will be up next to your scroll lock/pause break button on your keyboard. All this does is take a snap shot of whatever's on the screen at the time. Then open your paint program (adobe, psp, even microsoft paint will do), open a new window (dont touch the size) then hit the paste button. Sometimes this method works, sometimes all you paste is a black screen but its the easiest way and worth a try first.

2) Open the video in a video editing program (premiere, windows movie maker) Within here there will 'usually' be an option to 'export picture/still frame' This is also an easy way of doing it but can often result in a poor quality picture.

3) If you have made the video yourself and your camcorder can also take photo's the best way without a doubt is to pause your video where you want to take the pic then simply click your 'take photo' button, which will take the photo from the tape and place it on the memory card. Then its just a matter of transfering the pic to your pc in the normal way.

Hope this has helped, please feel free to send me an PM if you have any more questions/problems, either way, let me know how it goes
Cheers
Ady
Old 04-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Nitro_Horta

Default RE: how to convert to jpeg??

you can play your videos with BS Player, and just hit shift+P to make a jpeg screencapture

download the software for free: http://www.bsplayer.org/

Hope this has helped[&:]