Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

NexStar replacement prop

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

NexStar replacement prop

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:10 PM
FletchNJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NexStar replacement prop

The NexStar comes with an 11x5 prop. I found the plane to be a little mushy in any kind of wind over 10 mph. I managed to ding my prop pretty good the other day, and went to replace it with a Master Airscrew 11x5. I hava bit of trouble getting it on the shaft and went to borrow a reamer. The fellow flyer also handed me a 10x7 APC prop and told me to give that a try to see if it made a difference.

Wow! With that extra pitch, the NexStar had so much more authority in the air. All of the mushiness was gone, and it was like flying a brand new plane. I am sticking with the 10x7 APC for this one!
Old 04-22-2004, 07:37 AM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

Default RE: NexStar replacement prop

You might also try the 11x7. We have a guy using one at our field one on his Nexstar and it performs very well.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:39 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: NexStar replacement prop

Try 11X6.... 11X7 is a bit too much load for the engine size. (you can get away with the higher load with 20% or higher nitro...)

The 11X 6 will increase the speed the prop wants to pull the aircraft... plus maintain your static thrust of the larger "disc" area.

and...
Welcome to the world of experimenting with different props to make the airplane perform better.