Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Questions regarding the F-22 raptor kit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Questions regarding the F-22 raptor kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 06:00 PM
CJB12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions regarding the F-22 raptor kit

Hi,

I was just wondering who makes the F-22 kit and does anyone know where I can contact them?

Second I went to do a search here on the forum on the F-22 and the name Christen Diffusion keeps coming up. So I went to look out for the site but it was French and had no further info on the F-22. I-emailed them and hopefully will get a response soon.

So could someone please list like the company /manufacturer of the F-22 kits out in the market, current and upcoming kits of the F-22, PLEASE. I really appreciate it.

THANKS,
CJ
Old 06-29-2002, 06:50 PM
jettset99
My Feedback: (7)

Default F-22

Hi, use the search feature at the bottom of the page, type in F-22 you will get the info on previous links,the kit is custom made for about 2k, painted and ready for finall ass.
Old 06-29-2002, 06:51 PM
HORNET1788

Default f-22

Hey there, there is an f-22 kit made by john craig (craig aviation). It is a nice kit, and he is an excellent salesman, very courteious. The kit is only 450 i believe, and is pretty large. The diffusion kit is awesome and is quite a bit more $ You can talk to john craig by contacting http://www.ironbaymodels.com
Old 06-29-2002, 07:09 PM
CJB12

jettset99, is it an ARF plane? Whats included in the COMPLETE/deluxe kit?

One more thing what kind of turbine is usually use here(RAM 500R, etc..)? When you order its direct in the Christen Diffusion site right?
Old 06-29-2002, 07:28 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts
Default CF F-22

The Christen Diffusion kit is outstanding. The thing flies great too! The only problem is the instructions are in French (but the pictures are in English). The kit is extremely easy to build and the glass work is outstanding and ready to fly without further finishing. You will have to design and install rudders (no problem). They have fairly long waiting list for delivery. I helped I-Nav build his. You will not be disappointed.

Tom Perry
Old 06-29-2002, 08:28 PM
Jets Unlimited

Default two more F22 Kits

hey guys,

this two kits are produced in Germany from a guy
named "Wolfgang Mrotzek".
I dont know his Mail Adress but for further Info on this
kits you can contact Winfrie Ohlgart (Chairman IJMC)

This is Winnies Mailadress

[email protected]

small one is at the same size like the AD Kit

Old 06-29-2002, 08:55 PM
AirRayInc
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And CJM will have a F-22 as well.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:17 PM
CJB12

THANKS to all who replied. im leaning towards buying the CD F22 raptor. But will keep in my options open.

By the way when is CJM releasing this kit, any idea of the size?
Old 07-08-2002, 02:08 AM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default F22

I just received the CD deluxe kit. Nice glass work! Two problems that come to mind right off the bat. The recomended and supplied fuel tanks are bladers in the wings. Their thrust tube is single wall only, looks like it will run really hot on the ground. So if anyone makes a tank package, thrust tube retracts and a good pilot figure for this kit please contact me at:
[email protected]
I'm in the mood to spend money!

Thanks
Old 07-08-2002, 02:46 AM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Default F-22

Mr RC_man

Can you post pictures, i'd like to see what you are talking about regarding the tanks in wings. Tam should be able to help you regarding the Tanks and pipe thats the way i will go.

What engine you going to install in a CF F-22 ?

I will let know when i get mine ( this month )

Thanks

Robert
Old 07-08-2002, 04:35 AM
Brian B
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: F22

Originally posted by RC_MAN
Their thrust tube is single wall only, looks like it will run really hot on the ground.
Thanks
For what it is worth, my Isobar has a single tube, rolled stainless steel. It is very simple, homemade in fact, and for some reason does not get hot on the ground. The fuselage remains cool to the touch even after prolonged idling. So a double wall tube is not always necessary.

Also, my Avonds Rafale has a single wall tube and does not get hot on the ground. This is a bifurcated tube and you would think it would get really hot at the bifurcation and scorch the fuse, but it does not.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:00 AM
I-NAV
My Feedback: (3)

I tried the supplied single wall pipe in my Diffusion F-22. The pipe ran very hot at the bifurcation split and the glass on the fuse started to sag. Luckly my dad shoved a leaf blower in the fuse and blew it back into shape before any permanent distortion. This was on a cool day at idle on a RAM 750. I would not recomend using the pipe. I used an Avonds double walled straight pipe I had on hand and it runs cool. If you want to do it right call Tam.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:30 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default YF -22

does anyone know if anybody makes a set of plans for a built up raptor? I am not into the glass fuse method mainly because it is too expensive out of pocket at one time whereas built up I can spend a little at a time on my (right now) limited income due to an accident.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:33 AM
Shaun Evans

Next year, Yellow Aircraft will introduce their F-22 Raptor. It, like so many other kits, would have been released a long time ago, if it weren't for the fact that it had to be sent back for turbine retro-engineering. It's pretty big, and designed by Martin LeFebve from Canada. Nice scale gear and the now-standard primed epoxy/carbon construction. Coming soon to a jet-meet near you!
Old 07-08-2002, 08:37 AM
ProfLooney

Default jets

So why doesnt anyone do built up kits anymore or sell plans for them? is it because it is easier to carve a shape out of foam than actually draw up a set of plans so works out financially better for the company?

Just Curious seems like the art of actually building a plane yourself is dying and a lot of people letting others do all the work for them.

Also like i posted above a lot of us cannot afford these high priced kits and could scratch build them for a lot less.

Joe
Old 07-08-2002, 11:33 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Because it's a whole lot easier to build a jet out of glass and foam rather than wood.
I love bashing balsa, but glass is a better material for jets.
Not that you cannot build one out of balsa, but glass is just better suited. There are lots of interesting all wood jet plans out there, have you tried Bertella? He may even have an F22.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:24 PM
ProfLooney

Default plans

No I dont know Bertella. I have been having a hard time finding anywhere that sells jet plans for built up other than Avonds.

would you have a URL for them

thanks
joe
Old 07-08-2002, 02:44 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

No website for bertella. He is in Italy. He does advertise in every issue of RCJI. You have to write away for his catalog. Huge range on interesting subject, including an XB-70 Valkyrie. All are based around his own fan, which is like a Byron, but all metal. He even makes his own engine, the B&C 99.
You could adapt them to turbine easily.
Best source of jet plans I can think of.
Traplet publications also has a fair range of DF stuff in their plans catalog. No adress, but they do have a website.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:57 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Nick Ziroli has plans for a built up Panther, Kerry Sterner has plans for a Vampire.
Jon
Old 07-08-2002, 07:06 PM
ProfLooney

Default plans

Thanks guys gives me a start. I have a friend with the panther plans but not really my style even though I will be getting a copy of them to add to my Ziroli collection as I am only 3 plans away from haveing his complete set. And yes I have built at least 1 of each of his planes. The one set of Ziroli plans I been looking everywhere for is his F-14. It wasnt a real big plane but i think he sold the plans to kress jets whose website seems down.

Joe