Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Carden 35% how do you setup two servo's on rudder

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Carden 35% how do you setup two servo's on rudder

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 06:59 PM
SNAFU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carden 35% how do you setup two servo's on rudder

I see the pictures but how do you match them so they don't bind up. Do the nelson or sure link arms solve the problem.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2002, 11:44 AM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On both my 35% Cardens, I opted to use a single Futaba 3801. It works just fine and I don't have to worry about making two servos work together.

Dan
Old 06-30-2002, 02:31 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Provide some additional information on the model type, size, weight and engine proposed. The radio system used would be helpful as well.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:20 PM
RCP57
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are two links with some very good photos. They make a setup for both 2 or 4 servo systems.

(1) http://home.att.net/~jamitchell-n40yk/
(2) http://home.att.net/~jamitchell-n40y..._Pictures.html

For some unknown reason there are many people who make this out to be some big deal. In fact it is very easy to do, it just takes some time to get the timing correct. What some people forget is that each manufacturer of servos keeps them all turning in the same direction. For instance, all HiTec digital servos turn clockwise. Once you understand the basics it becomes a piece of cake. Take a look at the photos in the above links and I'm sure it be become easier to understand. You can also put the servos in a straight line instead of the way in the links. I like them side by side. It makes a more compact unit.