Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

EuroSport Turbine Mounting

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

EuroSport Turbine Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 05:24 AM
mat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EuroSport Turbine Mounting

Im just putting together a comp arf eurosport and im installing AMT Pegasus, the instruction manual for the turbine says to have the turbine mounted such that the fuel connection is at the bottom, however this puts the glow plug near the top, which with a bottom hatch will mean unscrewing turbine from mounting plate to change plug.

Just wondering if this is necessary or will turbine function fine with plug to bottom and fuel feed to top.

Any help is much appreciated
Old 05-08-2004, 05:31 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: EuroSport Turbine Mounting

I've got mine mounted with the plug the 'wrong' way up relative to the hatch position.

I decided that since I've never had a plug blow it wasn't a big deal keeping the turbine that way up. Worst case scenario is having to take the turbine out to change the plug and seeing as I just took my turbine out to spray my EuropSport and it took all of 2 minutes then I think you'll find it's no big deal.

Good luck with yours - they're awesome!

Rgds,
Mark
Old 05-08-2004, 06:54 AM
mat

Thanks for that i thought that might be the case better to go with manufacturer's recommendations than end up with a hefty repair bill, and as you say it won't take more than a couple of mins to whip out turbine and replace plug, no hardship really.

I have to admit to being really buzzed up about this i have owned and flown Kangroo, exocet and F15 in the pass all nice Jets but nothing as 3D capable as the Euro.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:41 AM
MikeC-RCU

Hi Mat,
It is no problem to rotate the Pegasus so that you can get at the glowplug. On ours I put the plug at the 4pm position (viewed from the back) and with the hatch removed you can just get to it.

You certainly will not do any damage to the motor by positioning the fuel inlet at another location, instead of the bottom, and it will run exactly the same.

If you have any questions, call us at AMT Netherlands. We will be happy to help.

Regards,
Mike C

(AMT Netherlands)
Old 05-09-2004, 03:23 AM
hornet driver
My Feedback: (7)

matt...fyi

120 flights on our eurosport with amt peggy in it now........2nd landing ever was a little rough...no damage at all to anything ( gear or wings ) ...but the heavier peggy did break the engine mount so i went in and put in a doubler....the extra pound of the engine did it but i can stand the throttal lag of the other lighter engines and thats why i use amt which is the fastest..you might alsolook at all your glue joints and add some bvm glue to them now...thats what i did for the most part....and after a year of 118 perfect landing i noticed stock glue breakdown

hornet driver
Old 05-09-2004, 06:03 AM
mat

Many thanks Mike will now go with your option as this is what i was hoping for, just saves mucking around at the field.

Thanks guys for all this info and fast responses, thats what i love about this site for most of the time the user's get on and help each other out which is whats all about making the most of this hobby and having lots of fun.