Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

fuel storage help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Melancholy43920

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel storage help

ok i live in an efficiency apartment in an 11 story building and i've had my t-maxx for 2 months now. just this morning i get a notice under my door saying no flammable liquids are to be stored in out apartments, including gas. i'm hoping maybe i can get away with storing my top fuel in the closet because i have no place else to store it (no garage, no close friends, nothing) and the fact it's not regular pump gasoline. i mean come on, how many flammable everyday household liquids are in people's homes? all the females that live here and have nail polish remover, which is alot more flammable than top fuel. hell it's explosive. not to mention all the cleaners people keep under their sinks. i'm gonna have to go talk to the building manager and i need some help on what to say to convince her it's not a hazard. thanks.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:06 AM
fhm101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel storage help

Talking to the manager will only insure you won't be able to keep your fuel inside. Do you have any kind of storage area or is there a maintneance room in the building? If so get a key to that area and store your fuel there. Where ever you wind up keeping it, go to your local All-Mart or hardware mega mart and pick up a plastic five gallon pail and lid and keep your fuel in that. The lid seals airtight so there is not chance of vapor escaping. Yes I know vapor is a non issue with our fuel, but it will sure sound good to someone that has no clue.