Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Help with Byron P-40???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 04:09 AM
RCJake-rcu
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Byron P-40???

Hi All!
OK! I got this great Byron P-40 from a good friend that has been assembled with the engine, retracts, servos, etc, then disassembled and painted with primer. Now, I get to finish the project and have a few questions. The airplane will be flown with a Precision Eagle 4.2 w/Powr Purr system guided with a Futaba 8UAPS.
Question one is what are your recommendations as to a battery backup system?
Question two is should I use a gyro for the rudder to help with ground handling, or is this airplane not that bad on the ground.
Questions three is has anyone flown this airplane with the Byron three blade prop system (which I have) and how did it perform? Should I order the two blade system for flying and use the three blade for show?
Any and all advise will be appreciated. Also, I am undecided as to which P-40 scheme to use...I am torn between Rudy Frasca's P-40 and R.T.Smith's.
Smooth Landings,
Jake