Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Future 35Ho programming

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Future 35Ho programming

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 03:29 AM
Thrasherg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future 35Ho programming

Hi guys,

I am hoping that this is user error and you can tell me why!! I bought a second hand Logo20 and it came with a schulze Future 35Ho ESC. It arrived with the ESC programed in normal mode (not governor) and with the 9KHz motor mode. I thought it would be interesting to try the governor 1 (low speed) mode. I can't really see what the difference is between governor 1 and 2 modes!
Anyway I followed the instructions and everything went as expected and I programmed it into governor mode 1. This behaved very strangely with the motor speed constantly changing. I then read that I have to connect the ESC to a separate channel and not use channel 3 (Throttle). I did this and the governor seems to work quite well, but as I vary the control for channel 7 the speed does not vary linearly, why? I then decided to leave the ESC connected to channel 3 and program a flat throttle response at 85% for all throttle positions. I have a Futaba 9CHP and when I program all settings at 85% the graph is full of peaks and troughs, again why? If everything is at 85% it should be a straight line! When I try to fly the helicopter with everything set at 85% and the ESC on channel3 the rotor speed varies directly with the graph shown on the transmitter. After a few minutes I decided I would put it back to normal mode as I didn't like the varying rotor speed. This is where the problems started:-
I turned on the Tx, turned on the Rx, set the throttle to maximum (I had put the throttle curves back to 0,25,50,75,100) and received a single beep followed by two double beeps (as shown in the instructions), I should then wait 10 seconds for another double beep before putting the throttle to minimum. The trouble is that this double beep never comes, I have waited up to 3 minutes and no success. I tried about 10 times but always the same result. If I lower the throttle I get a single beep (saying the ESC has learnt the closed throttle position) and then the ESC works as before (still in governor mode). Why can I not get the ESC to go into IPS mode? What am I doing wrong. I do not like having the rotor speed on a different control to the throttle as I am a beginner and when I cut the throttle I want the engine to stop, currently it stays at the same speed until I adjust the seperate rotor speed control (this is the correct behavior, but as a beginner I don't like it!).

Thanks for any ideas. All the documents I have say that the programming instructions are for V30 onwards. I do not know what version I have, and have not been able to find instructions for the earlier models which might help. The ESC is marked SPHA and at the bottom it says 04.02v334 (I think its a 334, its written by hand in pen and is very difficult to read).

Also I am running a Pletenberg 300/25/A3 motor, currently the ESC is in Mode 1 (9KHz), would it work better in mode 3 (19KHz) when I read the instructions from Schulze it gives absolutely no idea which mode would be best for this motor.

Regards Gary