Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Honeybee tracking problems

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Honeybee tracking problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 10:16 PM
expeditionx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honeybee tracking problems

I have a Honeybee from Esky and i am having trouble in trying to figure out what to do with the blade tracking. The only way that i could stop the blades from vibrating the thing to pieces was by angling one of the paddles up and angling the other one down. this cured the blade tracking problem but now the fly bar and paddles are not in sink. But i don't feel any vibrations from the rotor. does anybody know if i did it the way i was supposed to?
Old 07-15-2004, 12:45 AM
camra88

Default RE: Honeybee tracking problems

I have the same heli. What i do is make sure the cyclic servos are centered (with remote on and heli plugged in), then make both paddles flat. I do this, not a problem--everything works perfect.

JP
Old 07-15-2004, 12:53 AM
tweaksalot

ummm. . . put a peice of white tape (assuming you have black blades) on the end of one blade. . . throttle up slightly and examine where the blades go, if they rotate in the same spot leave it alone, if not bend the blade(s) so they rotate at the same spot. your flybars should be at 0 degrees or parallel to the floor, make sure the flybar lenghts are equal on each side.

Also how tight are your main blades? do not tighten the main blade screws too tight or too loose. Usually you would tightten them to the point where you can move them around with your hands, but not so loose that they will just flop around on their own. Ya need to kinda find the sweet spot.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:30 AM
expeditionx
My Feedback: (1)

Well i tried both ideas and they didn't seem to work. When i got the heil it flew fine with no tracking problems. But i also crashed it a few time and thats when it started to track wrong. If bending,and centering the servos didn't work then could it be that there is something damaged in the rotor head? thats the only other leading cause to the problem that i could think of.