Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Which Sim to buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Underaged Pilot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Sim to buy

can people show me what the best sim is????
I dont like FMS because it doesnt work please include pictures videos and price with website
Old 06-30-2004, 06:44 PM
BouyanT_PooP

Default RE: Which Sim to buy

there is only one sim......

www.aeroflypro.com they have vids, you can find pics on this site. its the best bang for your buck so to speak.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Fly-guy

Aerofly all the way.... Like Bouyant Poop said there is only on sim. Mind you I am yet to use AFP but just compare the videos of AFP to Real Flight, AFP makes real flight looks absolutely pathetic. Word of warning FMS is bad, I have seen screen shots and the graphics are terrible.

Fly-guy
Old 06-30-2004, 09:28 PM
ptarp

Well, take it from someone who has use G2 and Aerofly. Of the two, I would definately recommend AFP. Both have their ups and downs, but AFP definately has the better physics engine (although it isn't perfect).
Old 07-01-2004, 05:15 AM
Wright Flyer

Reflex XTR is great too.

Cliff
Old 07-01-2004, 07:45 AM
lozza6

if its for helicopters, my vote is for XTR

Loz
Old 07-01-2004, 08:55 AM
cfossa
My Feedback: (5)

What are you looking for in a sim?

Price (free) and getting the basics down (i.e. control reversal, easy on the sticks) ... FMS
(I know you said it doesn't work ... but it does).

ITOC/IMAA acrobatic flight, helicopters, sim models of real kits/ARFs, nice USB controller ... G2

3D flying ... AFP.

ALL of the sims have their pro's and cons. This forum tends to favor AFP, but you can learn to fly on any of these programs. I like G2 because I do not like to have my Tx turned on to fly the sim ... the controller box on G2 is good enough. I also like that G2 models many of the Great Planes kits and ARFs ... they fly like my real planes. As you will read here, G2 is not that great for 3D flying. It that's what you are looking for, then AFP is the ticket. Also, those who want to use their real Tx prefer AFP.

You will find folks who bash the sim they don't use ... they are all worth the money if they save you even one crash. Take the plunge with AFP or G2 depending upon what you are looking for and you will not be sorry.

Good luck.

Carl
Old 07-01-2004, 06:23 PM
ptarp

ORIGINAL: cfossa
ALL of the sims have their pro's and cons. This forum tends to favor AFP, but you can learn to fly on any of these programs. I like G2 because I do not like to have my Tx turned on to fly the sim ... the controller box on G2 is good enough. I also like that G2 models many of the Great Planes kits and ARFs ... they fly like my real planes. As you will read here, G2 is not that great for 3D flying. It that's what you are looking for, then AFP is the ticket. Also, those who want to use their real Tx prefer AFP.

You will find folks who bash the sim they don't use ... they are all worth the money if they save you even one crash. Take the plunge with AFP or G2 depending upon what you are looking for and you will not be sorry.
I agree with most of your posts, except...

You can buy AFP with the "Game Commander" and therefore you don't have to use your own TX.

AFP has an better all-around physics engine(I've used both extensively). Until RealFlight updates their physics engine, afp is the best choice. If you absolutely have to have multiplayer, then G2 will be the one to get (not currently supported with AFP).
Old 07-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Underaged Pilot

its not that FMS doesnt work but i cant calibrate my controller if somebody can tell me how to
ill be able to not have to spend $$$$$
Old 07-27-2004, 06:41 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Your going have to spend about $40-50 for a good FMS cable. Might as well put that towards a better sim.

Just an FYI.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Lightfoot

There are several places to get an FMS cable for $18 - $20.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:16 AM
crashburn4ever

Aero Fly Pro all the way! it is the best sim i have ever played.

www.aeroflypro.com