Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

I'm going crazy agin with my battery setup

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

I'm going crazy agin with my battery setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm going crazy agin with my battery setup

Ok here is the deal this time, just to fill everyone in I'm running two 4000 Duralite batteries, and I'm just using 1 RX, so I bought a Batshare and I was told to run it like this , the first battery goes into the first switch then to the one of the female leads on the batshare,then to a regulator then to the RX, then the 2nd battery the same way it runs to the switch then to the other batshare female lead then the other lead coming out of the batshare will go into the RX as well, well I have two Channels left over and that is the 9/B channel and the DSC, can one of the batshare go into the DSC and the other go into the 9/B,,, and my other question is I'm trying to come up with another channel for my choke so instead of mixing two channels in my Radio for my rudder I'm just using one for channel 4 I'm putting both of the rudders to a matchbox, but I have work a matchbox plenty of times but what i cant figure out what I'm doing wrong is, I have both rudder cables plug into the matchbox in the first two slots and I'm trying to set them but the light comes on but I cant get the rudder to move at all, Iv done what it says and and for the 1st servo which is in 1/5 I put the dial number on 1 to get my end points but nothing works, do I have it hooked up right, I'm running the main cord coming out of the matchbox that says to RX into channel 4 and I'm trying to program one rudder servo at a time but nothing happens, can some one please help me on this,,, I will get this damn plane in the air one of this days..

Thanks guys
Old 07-15-2004, 07:06 AM
RickP

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: I'm going crazy agin with my battery setup

It sounds like you forgot to put the battery jumper in. On the matchbox there is a BATT terminal. If you want to run off of RX power you have to stick a jumper in here. Otherwise you have to plug a battery into it. Good luck and let us know if this helps.
RickP
Old 07-15-2004, 08:03 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Also, plug a servo directly into the RX port 4 and test it to ensure the port is sending a signal to the matchbox.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Gotta_Fly

Rick wins the prize, I was losing my mind and the whole time that little wire loop thingamadiggie was setting on the table right infront of me, Thank a bunch Rick

Randy
Old 07-28-2004, 12:47 AM
nitrogary
My Feedback: (6)

hey there gott fly, this is a little late but wanted to offer moral support, i did the EXACT same thing and spent a whole day cussing only to read the directions again and sure enough i forgot the jumper...just wanted you to know your at best the second person after me to have done that