Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

i cant get my alpha trainer started !

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

i cant get my alpha trainer started !

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 04:59 PM
burtonsnow1260

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i cant get my alpha trainer started !

Hey everyone, i cant get my alpha trainer started. i did notice that there are air bubbles in the fuel line that goes into the carborator, can this be why it doesent start? if it is how can i fix it ? thank you.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:20 PM
LouW

I doubt if the air bubbles are the reason it won’t start, but just in case, with the glow battery NOT connected, put a finger over the carburetor intake, turn the engine over a couple of times. The bubbles should be drawn into the carburetor, and the line filled with fuel. Then try to start the engine. If it still doesn’t start here are some other things.

First read the instructions. The Alpha trainer’s engine has been run and set at the factory and should start right up. Be sure you have the correct fuel, and the tank is full. Be sure the starter battery is charged. Check that the supply line from the tank is connected to the carburetor and the vent line to the muffler (I think they are color coded). Turn the engine in the COUNTER clockwise direction looking at the front of the airplane. Prime the engine by holding a finger on the carburetor intake and turning as described above. To start, turn the engine slowly with the starting stick until you feel resistance due to compression then flip the propeller briskly past the compression.

If you still can’t get the engine to run it’s time to get a modeler experienced with engines to help you. In fact, it’s a good idea to have an experienced modeler on hand from the beginning to reinforce safety precautions.

P.S. It's not necessary to post the same question in more than one forum.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:12 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think LouW is 100% right on except I have the following question: doesn't the throttle need to be open all the way to properly prime it as you described?

Joe
Old 08-29-2003, 12:25 AM
LouW

It would be better to have the throttle open although is should work at any throttle setting above idle.