Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Question on Gas tank size

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 01:46 AM
power6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Gas tank size

I dont have alot of gas engine flying experinece and was trying to figure estimates on flight time with a quadra 42 on a 106 inch cliped wing cub. I have a 16 oz tank now but im looking for something in the neighbor hood of 30 minute flight with safe landing i could live with 20 minute easy enough. Im aware that it will be relative to how hard i fly but just trying to hear others experince?
Thanks
Old 07-22-2002, 02:03 AM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want to run "full tilt boogy" for the whole 30 minute flight then I would suggest a 32 oz tank. However, if you plan to throttle back a little then a 24 oz tank would probably be fine. The 16 oz tank should give you a good 15 minute flight.

Ken
Old 07-22-2002, 02:09 AM
power6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds good i like long flights and im not going to hot dog this one. just nice long relaxing flights maybe few rolls and loops..thanx