Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Dynaflite Decathlon Reliable Affordable Gasser..

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Dynaflite Decathlon Reliable Affordable Gasser..

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 04:59 AM
DUHAWK49
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynaflite Decathlon Reliable Affordable Gasser..

WANT TO GET THE PARTS NEEDED FOR THIS KIT SO I CAN BUILD THIS WINTER. ALWAYS WANTED ONE.. MY QUESTION IS WHATS A GOOD ENGINE THATS GOOD ON POWER AND RELIABILITY AND EASY ON THE POCKETBOOK. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT OTHERS USE AND HOW IT FLIES THIS PLANE.. WANT TO USE GAS AND ALSO ARE THERE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR FLAPS ON THIS KIT? THANKS :spinnyeye
Old 07-22-2002, 05:48 PM
Wayne H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out www.carrprecision.com....I had a Dynaflight Decathlon with a 25cc Homelite conversion and it powered it just fine. Very economical.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:51 AM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

Bradley, I have built three of the Dynaflite kits and this is a great kit and a joy to fly. One had a G-38 and flew it well. The second one had a Saito 150 and also flew it well. The third had a Brison 2.4 and this was probably the best setup. I would go with the Fox 2.4 or similar. Stay away from Brison for now. Getting an engine from them may take several weeks and they will charge your credit card long before the engine is even built or shipped.
Just my oopinion
Good luck
Carroll
Old 07-23-2002, 09:28 PM
Bruiser-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default Decathlon

I am building one of these now. I have "bashed" mine into an "Explorer" which basically increases the wingspan a little and adds flaps.

Adding flaps is not very hard. All you have to do is cut off the trailing edge of the ribs that go between the ailerons and the cabin side. Then you just build the flaps the same way the ailerons are built, expect you only bevel the bottom of the lading edge. You will also need to make a servo mount, but just copy the servo mount from the ailerons.

There is one person I know (thru RC Universe) that is doing this to a standard Decathlon wing. So far I do not know of any that are flying so I can't report on how effective the flaps are.

-Bob George
Old 07-23-2002, 10:19 PM
mwright
My Feedback: (5)

Default 4 sale

I have one with a US 41 that runs great. I'm selling it with EVERYTHING excluding the receiver. Let me know if you are interested in buying one completed ($450) and I'll provide you with details (I'm in NC).

It is a nice building project, one of the most enjoyable.

Marcus
Old 07-23-2002, 10:59 PM
DUHAWK49

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pics

i probably would like to just build my own but lets see some pics of yours.. how was vertical?
Old 07-24-2002, 02:11 AM
jmulder

yeah id like to see some pics too..........John
Old 07-24-2002, 01:24 PM
mwright
My Feedback: (5)

Default picts

I'll try to borrow the digital camera from work and take some picts. Its done in lemon yellow with white star burst outlined in blue (much like the ads you see for it).

Vertical is good. Just about right for this type of plane. A while back I posted for some help on this plane and finally got it flying the way it should. Correct CG and equal wing washout really helped its flying habits.

Marcus