Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Plane results

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 11:34 AM
mlamorea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good rating

I know three club members that have bought from this company, and they all have great things to say about it. There planes were in great shape when they go them, and they have great craftsmenship. I was thinking about buying one of there Katanas.
Old 07-03-2002, 02:07 AM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plane results

I bought a GiantScalePlanes Super Decathalon ARF 96" ws at the Deland Big Bird Fly-in back in Feb. The plane looked beautiful. I put a Zenoah G-38 in the plane and had to really shift alot of weight to the back to compensate. The first flight resulted in the fiberglass landing gear failing upon landing which caused the engine muffler to dig into the ground when the gear dug into the ground as it tore away from the plane. Damage included the new engine being ripped from the cup mount and the muffler being damaged. I am going to have to send the whole thing to Dick Bennet for repairs. Also the bottom of the prepainted fiberglass cowl took some serious cracks on the bottom and the small wing tubes bent and the struts broke. I ordered the new wing tubes and struts. I'm not saying the plane was faulty, but the fiberglass landing gear sucks and resulted in what I would call a disaster. PS the landing was not hard and I feel that the couple extra $$$ for aluminum gear would have not let this happen. I paid $550 FOR THE PLANE AND HAVE IT FOR SALE FOR $350 IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.