Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Cowl on Extra Special??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 03:13 PM
blue77
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cowl on Extra Special??

HELLO, I have a used, new to me Extra with a zdz 50, cowl is cut just right, but I can't get the cowl off because of the exhaust pipes and the prop hub....does the prop hub come off of the zdz, or am I just a dummy? Any help appreciated wc
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64508.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	163099  
Old 08-12-2004, 03:20 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cowl on Extra Special??

A photo or two of what you are dealing with would be helpful.

TF
Old 08-12-2004, 03:49 PM
blue77

Well, I've got the pic, but can't get it to the message........HOW?

Got it, see above, thanks wc
Old 08-12-2004, 07:20 PM
RCNUTKNOY
My Feedback: (2)

I have a WH Edge with a G62 and JA Engineering smoke muffler. Remove the spinner and prop and the cowling will rotate forward and down over the front of the engine. The cowling will bend some to do this, but you will be able to get it off the engine. The bottom of the cowling will still be behind the exhaust stacks. Keep rotating the cowling down and slip it out from behind the exhaust stacks. Presto.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:35 PM
blue77

Hey, Thanks..I see you are in Raliegh, hope you are a Wolfpack fan......how do you like your WH and G62, how is it for landing and takeoffs? wc
Old 08-13-2004, 05:51 AM
RCNUTKNOY
My Feedback: (2)

Wolfpack fan??? I like a good collegiate contest....football or basketball..got the best of both worlds here...not particular to one team..
You will love the flying characteristics of the 28% WH planes. Take off and landings are a breeze. On your landing, start your approach way out to bleed off airspeed and it will just float right in. You will get a quick feel for using just enough throttle to keep it airborn on your approach. No tendency to stall that I have seen. If you come in too hot, you will glide right on by, the "airbrakes" do not work well!!!!!

Awesome plane..enjoy it!!!

John
Old 08-13-2004, 09:29 AM
blue77

Hey, you got that right, Raleigh is one good place, I went to State a few moons ago. I finally got the cowl off by getting inside and taking the muffler off, took awhile, but got it done. Problem is that there is a shaft that screws into the prop hub and I don't have the tool to take it off. The engine box was a mess, this was the 2nd motor and it was not installed very well, I'm the 3rd owner, took the motor off and am cleaning everything up, applying some thinned epoxy and then paint. Thanks for the flying tips, later wc