Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

1/3 Weeks Special

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 01:28 PM
BUTCHMAN-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/3 Weeks Special

I just purchased a 1/3 Weeks Special Ace kit and before I start building it I was wondering if anyone out there has built one and could give me some insite on putting it together? The kit is complete and like new so I don't think I'll run in to any problems,but you never know. You can e-mail me or post a reply,my e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks, Butchman
Old 07-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 1/3 Weeks Special

Hi Butchman, I flew one for a long time before I sold it a couple of years ago. As I recall, I built it as the instructions said and had no problems. One word of caution though. The way the upper wing mounts to the cabane struts (two connection points) does put stress on the top center of the wing. I suggest that you fiberglass the top center of the wing at least 4 inches wide from the front to back down the center line. I don't think it is necessary to do the bottom of the wing or the bottom wing. I saw a friends top wing on his Weeks break along this line.

I used a G62 in mine and it weighed about 21 lbs.

Ken
Old 07-28-2002, 11:40 PM
BUTCHMAN-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weeks special

Thanks Big Bird ,it's exactly the help I'm looking for,appreciate it!
Butchman