Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Tower hobbies .46

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 03:02 PM
CHRISTANEAGLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower hobbies .46

Can someone tell me how you go through the engine and take apart the carb and other parts and put RTV on it. I have two TH .46 engines both have the same problem they cannot be tuned. The last plane I had the engine on I put another brand on and all my problems went away period. I changed only the engine ALL problems went away and I now enjoy flying this plane. The TH nearly drove me to start fishing again.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:45 PM
sport10

Default RE: Tower hobbies .46

The base of the carb is the only place that needs RTV IMO. There have been quite a few theories as to why the engine will not shut off. The engine I had was like this. It would run sweet with excellent power but just would not shut off. Eventually, after running it for awhile it came around and was able to shut down. Your problem sounds to be an entirely different thing though. It sounds like the engine is starving for fuel even though your were very vague with your description. A little more info would help us assist you. Is the engine not able to richen up or lean out?
Old 08-25-2004, 12:25 PM
CHRISTANEAGLE

Default RE: Tower hobbies .46

Thanks for the reply,
Here's the story.I had the TH on a funtana 40 I could tune the engine on the ground,fly the plane and refuel when I started the engine it was totaly out of tune. After some tuning on the ground I kept up with where the needle valves were so I could make sure they were not moving . They were not moving during flight I was sure of this. This went on for days same story sometimes I could not even start the engine. I tried everything glow plugs, fuel lines, running with cowl off, made sure parts were tight, fuel. A lot of deadsticks even before takeoff, most times it would fire back up. I went by the book on tuning both high and low speeds. Out of fustration I replaced the engine now I fly the plane not tune it. A fellow club member built a spad and used a TH engine not to my susprise almost the same problems. He tuned and tuned sometimes never getting the plane off the ground that day. After some ribbing he replaced the engine with as OS now he is flying alot.