Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Black Wolf

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Wolf

HI, I have an old Black Wolf that I bought from radio shack and I want to get it running while I wait for my truck to come in. Well a while ago i used to run it through puddles and use it off-road. I don't remember exactly what happened to it but ill try to explain. I pulled it out of its box, put in batteries and turned it on. The front servo has the wheels turned 80% to the left and the motor won't spin. When I push on the accelerator on the controller the motor doesn't turn but a hear a faint click in the car every time I press the accelerator. When I turn with the controller the wheels turn but return to the left as I let go. When I opened up the car I found the front steering servo and the circuit board in the midle. I know this car is a little old but someone has to know whats wrong with it. What could cause the motor not to spin and the front servo to be turning left? Should I bring it to my local hobbyshop and have them look at it? I can replace the parts myself, I just need some help figuring out whats wrong with it before I do anything. Thanks for your time and I appreciate any help and suggestions you have.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:54 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Black Wolf

More than likely the main circuit board is fried, i doubt even if you could figure out what is wrong with it that you could even get parts for it, and if you bring it to the local hobby shop they'll look at you like your head is on backwards. Since it was bought at radio shack it is more than likely a "toy" r/c rather than a "hobby" r/c. Toy r/c's are made to be throw away when they break. Sorry
Mike
Old 09-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Quickywd01

I thought I would be able to repair it because it's not like one of those rc cars that you can buy at any store for $60, this thing is really fast, fast enough to destroy the rubber tires I had on there. That's why I want to repair it. It's really fast and durable, I have crashed it a few times before. Well thanks for your reply. I think your right about finding replacement parts for its, but I thought I could buy something newer to put in there to replace the servo and board.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:27 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

If you really didnt mind spending the money anything i possible. I'm sure you could build a custom servo mount, buy a radio, reciever, servo, and esc and put it all together. BUT if you spend all that cash and brake something in the drivelline you'll be SOL.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Quickywd01

Thanks for your input. I'm going to buy a Nitro Stampede, still trying to figure out wether to buy a new or used one.