Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Evolution 61 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:31 AM
rc-maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 61 Engine

Hello,

I have been out of the RC Planes Hobby since 1998. I am working on getting a Trainer and getting my flightbox and stuff up to date. I am planning to pick up the Hobbico Hobbiestar 60 ARF to get me going. I used to use the Magnum Pro Series of Engines. I am looking at the Evolution 61 for this plane. Is this a decent Engine?

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:16 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 61 Engine

The Evolution is actually made by the same company as the current Magnums but the old Magnum Pro series was made by Thunder Tiger. The Thunder Tiger PRO 61 is still being made if you can find one.

From what I've seen at the flying field, the Evolutions run good and have plenty of power for thier size.

The Hobbistar 60 is a very smooth flying plane you will really like it. The Global Right Flyer 60H is pretty much the same airplane with a few changes here and there in the motor mount area if you come accross one of them before you find a Hobbistar.

Enjoy,

Jim