Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Gearing for Hummingbird or Dragonfly

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Gearing for Hummingbird or Dragonfly

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 07:39 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing for Hummingbird or Dragonfly

Hey guys.

I have a Hummingbird, with a Li-Po at the moment, aside from going to brushless has anyone tried replacing the gearing on the motor or main rotor?? My other question is if I were to do so would that effect the tail motor and would I also have to change that as well?? What options would I have and which are better to get more power out of my little H-bird rather than going to a brushless or is going brushless the way to go? I also have seen a few posts about changing to a better brused motor, anyone got any links to good places to find upgrades such as these?

Thanks again!!
Old 09-20-2004, 07:42 AM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Gearing for Hummingbird or Dragonfly

GO to www.helihobby.com they sell all the "hop ups" for the micro helis. www.gwsexpert also sells the EM 300 motor for the mini dragon fly and doesnt mention upgrading the tail motor. I dont see an issue. I believe the motor is like $12.00 and it seems to be alot eaiser to swap than messing with the gears.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Thanks for the info oeb102072 but that last link doesnt seem to be working? I went to the GWS website and didnt see the motor there, is it anywhere else? Maybe I over looked it lol.....

Thanks
Old 09-20-2004, 08:49 AM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

Sorry about that the website is www.gwsexpert.com for replancement parts and I bought my tail motors from a company I cant find right now but when I do I will let you know they were $ .79 a piece and I bought 4 of em.

Heres the tail motor too but its a little more pricey due to the fact that the pinion gear and capacitor are already on them. When I got my 4 I had to go to radio shack and buy the capacitors and transfer the pinion gear myself. http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=399