Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Stab location

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 07:28 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stab location

My hat is off to you TOC flyers. I recently purchased Steve Strickers 1990 TOC Ultimate and I removed the 4.2 sachs on glo and mounted my Brison 6.4. I took notice to the placement of the stab and noticed he had dropped it in line with the bottom wing. This is about a 3" drop, I wasn't too concerned because I knew the plane would fly well, as a matter of fact it flys like no other plane I've ever flown. It flys as easy as any trainer and probably easier to fly, it is very predictable in all of it's manuvers. I'm thinking now of purchasing the Aeroworks 33% Ultimate, what do you think about dropping the stab on it? or should I just leave it as it is.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Blow n Go

Default RE: Stab location

With about 2/3 throttle, roll into knife edge and add just enough rudder to hold level flight. What does the plane try to do if you use nothing but rudder (no aileron or elevator). My guess is that it will try to roll back to level flight....as all traditional bipes do. But, the pitch coupling is the answer to your question. Is it neutral, or does it pitch toward the canopy or gear? Let us know..........

CJ
Old 10-04-2004, 07:12 PM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Default RE: Stab location

I will be flying the Ultimate again this weekend and I'll let you know.

Frank