Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H9 Cap 232 73"

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 01:29 PM
rcflier_gi
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H9 Cap 232 73"

Originally posted by hilleja

What are you running for fuel in your Moki. I have 2 gallons of Omega 5% for breakin on my test stand -- will my standard Wildcat 15% be OK after that?

Moki recommends 5% nitro at the most. The engine will run very well on 0% FAI as well.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:01 AM
rockmon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Cap 232 73"

Hey James, I also like the way the Moki sounds on a pitts muffler, not like a 4stroke but nothing like a 2 stroke either. To my very pleasant sup prise the 2.10 in my Hurricane starts just as nice as the 1.80, but I have two O.S. 1.60's that start just as easy but to me and this is just my very humble opinion they don't have quite the pony's the Moki has. I need one more O.S. 1.60 for another GP Giles that I just picked up. When I get this computer figured out I'll post a bunch of pics. One of my caps started out white and I finished it just like the big cap from H-9 and hid everything i.e. switches, fuel filler and remote glow it's nice and clean no pilot but a very tinted canopy. Have fun being the test pilot,some guys have all the luck hehe.
Old 10-18-2002, 03:35 AM
flynm
My Feedback: (24)

Default H9 Cap 232 73"

ZDZ40

I have the Saito 180 and at 3500 foot elevation, 30% nitro, and a APC 17x6 the plane not only won't hover, but loops fall out at the top. I hope the ZDZ 40 will not only pull the plane to the moon, but also keep the wingloading within reason. Hopefully performance will outperform diff landings.

Does the increase wingloading affect the plane any other way besides increasing the tendency to tip stall??
Old 10-18-2002, 12:37 PM
rockmon

Default H9 Cap 232 73"

I met two guys at a fun fly that had the Saito 1.80 in their caps. Both were replaced with O.S. 1.60's and it made a world of difference. The thing that both of them liked even more than the power was the lack of vibration. I have a Moki 1.80 in my Chapman cap and I love it, I had that combo in mind when I decided to buy the cap. I also read a lot about how this cap liked to snap well I took my initiation to caps on a Kyosho cap232 40 size (ha) with a Tiger Shark 75 in it. What does that have to do with anything? Well if the H-9 snaps bad I don't notice it mine will fly as slow as I want it to and will just mush forward when it starts to stall. The Kyosho would snap at half throttle in a nice mellow turn and it was a good idea to land at oh mach 2. Make sure that it is balanced laterally I think that might be why I don't have that nasty snap that guys talk about because I don't have it on my other H-9 cap either. As far as the zdz I haven't played with gas yet I just love those big 2 strokes to much to give them up yet so I dunno about that.