Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Thnking of getting my first nitro car, need suggestions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Thnking of getting my first nitro car, need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 08:11 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thnking of getting my first nitro car, need suggestions

I've currently got a traxxas nitro hawk thats my dads, works fine and all but its old and is probobly better off left alone as replacement parts arent avaliable and some of the things on it look a little fragile. SO.. Im thinking of getting a nitro car of my own so I dont have to worry about breaking something on it and my dad getting mad.

Right now im thinking of the follwoing.

Tower hobbies nitro st-15, Looks good and all but I dont like the idea of all bushings instead of bearings, and im guessing tower hobbies brand stuff probobly isnt as good as "name brand" stuff.

Duratrax Nitro Evader ST or the BX buggy version. I like everything about these, plus right now you get a free $15 gift certificate with them, a $40 manufacturers rebate, and tower hobbies is having a sale for $25 off any item over $250. Its like getting it for 180 bucks.

And the Traxxas Nitro Sport SE, Their were a few things about this one that I dont care too much for but its in my price range and looks pretty good so I thought id throw it in.

So, which one should I get? My main concerns are durability and speed, I want a car thats reletively fast out of the box but I dont want it to break every time it flips over either.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:13 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Thnking of getting my first nitro car, need suggestions

I ended up ordering the duratrax nitro BX, I orignally was going to get the ST but ive already got a nitro stadium car (the nitro hawk) so I got the buggy style instead.

The main reason I decided on the BX over the others was (1) the sale (2) all ball bearing construction (3) prepainted body (4) all parts are gauranteed for 1 year (5) bunch of upgrades you can buy for it.

I got the overnight shipping, it was 27 bucks for that but with the 25 dollar tower hobbies discount it was like getting it for 2 bucks so I guess it wasnt too bad.

Should be here wednesday, cant wait Wish they had like 6 hour delivery
Old 10-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

is the BX electric? you shoul got the rustler. not heap but got tones of hop-ups and its reall good.plus got a 2.5 engine in it
Old 10-27-2004, 02:31 PM
yfyf

id go with a monster truckas they are veryt industructable i would recomend the TNX
Old 10-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

me want monster truck. been wanting one since i drove the tmaxx