Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

dragonfly from china need help!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

dragonfly from china need help!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 06:33 PM
dragraces
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dragonfly from china need help!!!!!!!!!!

just bought dragonfly from china not gws version but has tx radio i can get the thing off the groung then it starts wobbleing real bad what can i do? the instructions are very limited
Old 10-27-2004, 06:36 PM
jbalat

Default RE: dragonfly from china need help!!!!!!!!!!

If it is an oscillating motion then it is probably that your blades are too tight or the rotor head is too tight. You should be able to snap the rotor head on and off without too much trouble. If not pry it off and take out the sandpaper...
This is assuming of course you dont have a bent shaft, the blades are balanced and not damaged and the blades are tracking properly
Old 10-27-2004, 08:05 PM
dragraces

how tight should the blades be? tight enough to just barely be able to move or free enough to move easily? the shaft seems ok i dont understand how to take rotor head off can u be more specific??
Old 10-28-2004, 09:38 AM
GaryWA

I have the Hong Kong "Dragonfly" and I don't believe the rotor head has the ability to snap on/off and there isn't any sandpaper.

I'm assuming yours is still stock with the blades mouted on the bottom. The only way I found to stop wobbles was to make the blades as tight as possible and align them with the leading edge as close to 90deg to the flybar as possible. They will still move when you whack something as I found from experience Then you get to tighten them again...

The documents with this copter are almost worthless.

I'm in the process of adding like90 blades to my copter and it's no treat. I've ordered a hummingbird head as the stock "dragonfly" head wouldn't allow me to mount the blades on top.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:23 AM
dragraces

thx everybody it flies the blades need to be tight and make sure the swash plate is trimmed out before flying hobbylobby has parts same as honeybee broke 1 blade and 1 tail rotor but have extras i think its worth the $$ $115 compared to $250 foe honeybee exact same heli