Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

VMAR

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 05:06 PM
Salty25
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VMAR

Anyone play with one of the Vmar engines yet? I was thinking of getting a .52 for a Rambler. The price is the same as the Magnum .52 but I'm not sure which would be the better engine for the money.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:09 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: VMAR

As far as I know, the VMAR, is a Kange? Might try to find conversation on the Kange. There was a fair amount of conversation on the Kanges back in the late spring. The late model Kanges I've seen ran fine with no problems.

If they are the same price, I'd buy the Magnum for it is a better known entity.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 11-18-2004, 08:23 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Richmond RC has a deal if you buy a plane for and extra $49.95 you get a 46 engine (if you need a plane and like their planes)
Old 11-18-2004, 09:22 PM
flipstart

Flyer at field had a v-mar-believe it was a 46 or 47 size-ran fine for about 10 flights and was not reliable after that-do not know what happened-as far as vmar planes and richmond rc goes-don't even get me started-just do a search and see the quality problems-Chipmunk I got was so badly warped I could not believe anyone would but something like that in a box, except for disposal purposes.
Flipstart
Old 11-18-2004, 10:27 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flipstart,,,I had my chipmunk for at least 2 years and no problems had an irvine 40 diesel in it. It met its demise when I got "keyed"
by an other transmitter I have seen the posts on the arf site and vmar has its disenters but I have had no problems with their stuff.
also on a previous post here I stated I got a tiger shark 91 from Kange USA will run this weekend this is the latest ARll and looks pretty
good. AJ Coholic is sending me down a diesel head for it will post the results on the diesel site after a run in on glow
Old 11-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Salty25
My Feedback: (9)

w8ye,

I thought Kange was a good engine. I'll have to do some research on it I guess. I don't know anyone that has one just heard about them being discussed in the LHS.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:30 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The old Kange (Tiger Shark) engines were somewhat oh hum. They changed them about 2001 or some where along there and they've been a lot better.

A newbe at the field bought a 46 with his trainer and had an experienced person to start it and show him how to adjust the needle valve. The newbe took it from there. It ran a lot stronger than a LA and he never seemed to have any trouble with it.

There have been several people to market them under other names in the last year or so. Like the Lincoln, J'en, Direct Connection (several years ago), and the Vmar.

Paul Landels of Just Engines seems to like them. He put his wife's name on them. I've talked to her on the phone and she seems real nice and not tempermental?

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 11-19-2004, 09:35 AM
IronCross

Guy at the field bought one of those engines.. First flight out the connecting rod broke... He call Richmond talked to some lady that told him she didn't know what he did but it was his fault... If he wanted to send it back they would look at it anyway but it would be months before they could ship a replacement even if it was a warrenty thing... This was set up on a trainer by experienced instructors...