Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 11:56 AM
G-Man77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

My name is Daryle and I just wanted to tell everyone on this site thanks. I have been lurking here for about 2 months, and have learned so much from everyone on here. I purchased a FEDA Dragonfly, and enjoyed it immensely, mostly learning how to fly, and REPAIR, and even jerry-rig from information that was in the various questions in this forum. I feel that without this resource I would have been lost. Just had a car accident before my b-day, and the dragonfly was in the trunk of my car (like to fly on lunch break). It was unfortunately completely destroyed. The bright side of the story is that I was already reaching the dragonfly's stock capabilities and was ready to upgrade to CP so I went down to my LHS (who is a very good friend) and purchased a futaba 9CHP, a shogun 400, brushless setup (astro 010 and C C phoenix 10), thunder power lithiums, and a good computerized dual charger, and am almost ready to start flying again. I don't have any questions, but again, I just wanted to thank everyone who replies to the questions on this forum with a dearth of information.

Sorry for the length of the post, but keep up the good work and happy flying!!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:25 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thanks

Sorry to hear about the accident. But I always say that a crash is nothing more than an "Unexpected Upgrade Opportunity" and you have just proven it!
How many turns on your 010? I have one for my piccolo and would not have considered it for a bigger heli. I am looking forward to hear how it works for you!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:45 PM
G-Man77

I'm not sure off the top of my head but I have the specs at home on the motor. My LHS purchased it for me as a set with the phoenix 10 and it says that it should be perfect for the hornet and shogun. However after searching around I must admit that I have become a bit concerned myself. However I wont be doing hard 3d for a while, so it may be just what I need for now. Just have to wait and see, should be up and flying in a week or so. I work two jobs 70-80 hrs per wk, and have a family so free time is very limited. I will keep you up to date on it.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Poll

Sorry to hear about the accident, good thing your' alright. And damn! 70-80 hrs a week must be tough
Old 12-06-2004, 01:41 PM
G-Man77

Yes, it does get old. Whenever I start to get down, I just remember that no matter how hard it gets I have been through worse. (USMC BMT Oct 96 ;-). Also its only temporary, have only been doing it for 5 mos.