Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

*Hangar 9 ARESTI*

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

*Hangar 9 ARESTI*

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 02:29 PM
glowfuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Hangar 9 ARESTI*

Hello:

Have an Aresti 40 with a Saito 72 up front. Having trouble sustaining knife edge and need quite a bit of down elevator when I fly inverted. It takes all the rudder I can give it to just barely hold knife edge. Everything is stock and built/balanced according to plans. The rudder throw is about 2 1/4" each way. Been running a 13x6 APC and was thinking about switching to a 12x8, will this help?
Also, it takes a long time to take off and need a ton of elevator to get it up. The plane feels heavy. Don't have the wheel pants and cowl installed.

ALSO: Can the Engine be mounted UPRIGHT??????

Any help will be appreciated.

Glowfuel
Old 12-06-2004, 04:04 PM
buckskin

Default RE: *Hangar 9 ARESTI*

i have an aresti with an OS 46 fx and have been told to move the CG back until it flies inverted with just a little down elevator. i'm up to 2.5oz on the tail and still need a little more
Old 12-06-2004, 04:41 PM
dwaynenancy
My Feedback: (62)

Default RE: *Hangar 9 ARESTI*

The airplane is nose heavy. Move the cg back. The excessive down elevator inverted is telling you about this condition. Dwayne