Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Rookie needs help w/ elec heli!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Rookie needs help w/ elec heli!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 09:50 PM
BlackHawk07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie needs help w/ elec heli!

Hello i'm new to this site and it was suggested to me by a friend. I've been flying electric planes for some time now and helicopters caught my interest. I'm a rookie when it comes to helicopters and i thought i'd better ask about them first. Can anyone please tell me some things i should know about electric helicopters? (how difficult are they to fly, what's a good beginner helicopter to start out with, any helpful info please!) Thanks alot!
Old 12-10-2004, 11:23 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rookie needs help w/ elec heli!

Read the [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275607]Electric Helis Beginners Guide[/link]
Read up on the messages here.
Decide if you are going to be flying mostly inside with outdoors being limited to very calm days (Fixed Pitch micro heli) or if you can only fly outdoors (bigger heli)
Determine a budget, remember that you WILL break things and have to replace/upgrade them.
Lithium Polymer batteries are a good thing.
Read. Ask questions.