Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Smart FLy Power Expander

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Swat Cop
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart FLy Power Expander

I will be putting together my first 40% plane in the next six months and was looking at the new Power Expander. I am assuming I will need to use two receivers on a plane this size, will I need to use two Power Expanders? How many lithium batteries will I want to use? Do I need two batteries for each receiver for a total of four on the two receivers or is there a way to use only two batteries wired redundant for the two receivers?
Old 12-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Smart FLy Power Expander

Not sure why you think you'll need two receivers. Use the PowerExpander with two batteries and a single RX and you will be in great shape.

You can use unregulated NiMH/NiCad or regulated lithium packs. But definitley use two packs and two switches.

You will hear many sing the praises of dual RXs. The one and only reason for their use is if it makes you "feel" better.