Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

IMAC basic airplane setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Firebomber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAC basic airplane setup

Chip,

I have a Lanier, 120 size, Edge 540 that I am trying to set up for starting Basic IMAC this year. I am having trouble getting a setup that is a good compromise for all the maneuvers. I am also having troubles with yaw problems throughout the maneuvers. I have been adding right thrust to the engine which has helped but I still get a lot of variation on the yaw axis. Depending on the radius entering into a 45 or 90 degree up-line the plane with either yaw left if it's a gradual large radius or right if it is a small radius. I currently have the engine thrust set so that it feels neutral for most flying (not to much rudder for takeoff knife edge feels close to the same on either side of the plane). I read your reply to rudder and throttle mixing which I'm sure will help me out on some of this problem. So what I want to know is it better to have the thrust line set so that it is as close to a neutral point as possible or should I decrease the right thrust so that I have to add consistant rudder input?

Also, could you please suggest some possible exponentail values that you would use for elevator rudder and aileron? My current setup is listed below. I know this is a preference thing and depends on the servo setup and airplane, but I just want to know if this is anywhere in the right ballpark.
[ul][*] Aileron[*] ATV60% DR Low60% high110% Expo low-15% high-60%[*] Elevator[*] ATV84% DR Low45% high80% Expo low-50% high-80%[*] Rudder[*] ATV100% DR Low60% high100% Expo low-60% high-80%
[/ul]

Sorry for such a long post but I don't have anyone in my club who can help me with this and I would rather work on my flying and not fight problems which can be corrected with setup.

Thanks![8D]