Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

G-shark, how does it fly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 06:23 AM
Seth
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-shark, how does it fly?

does anybody know how well a 84in wingspan G-shark flys. I've heard different things?
thanks,
Seth
Old 08-28-2002, 12:42 PM
aeroed62
My Feedback: (4)

A friend of mine has one it is a very good flyer with the right power. I have had it up does everything I can do ,with ease, landing is traner like. Wish I had one.
good luck ,
Ed
Old 08-28-2002, 01:25 PM
crash and burn
My Feedback: (19)

Default Hey buddy!

Seth,

Don't tell me your giving up on the edge design!!!

Man, I was sorry to hear about your model, but take heart, a buddy of mine crashed two 50% models in one weekend and lost over $10,000 worth of model airframes!!!

We all do it, it's just a matter of time.

Remember, all models start out as a box of sticks and end up as a box of sticks. It's just a matter of when it happens.

Cheers,

Tom
Old 08-28-2002, 02:50 PM
Bipeguy
My Feedback: (2)

Seth,

I had a G-Shark 'till about 3 weeks ago. Yep....crash-n-burn... A clevis came off the servo on one elevator half which, of course, caused a snap roll. Unfortunately, I was in a stall turn at about 150 feet at the time. Before I could figure out what happened, terra firma caught up with me. Oh well....all that's left is the engine and the tail, which I mounted and is now hagging up at the field.
I had to land mine quite fast or it would tip stall to the left. I did find a twisted wing and straightened it out, but it still wanted to tip stall if slowed down to much. I had a G45 on it which flew well, but I would recommend a larger engine for better performance.

Good Luck.....Scott...
Old 08-28-2002, 04:35 PM
Seth
My Feedback: (12)

don't worry I'm not givving up the edge, I still love the edge 540T I just don't have one any more and I got this one for an exstreamly low price of free.
thanks,
Seth
Old 08-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Fly4Fun2
My Feedback: (25)

Default I had one

I had one a few years ago. It had a Quadra 52 on it. Flew pretty good, but you had to keep the speed up on landing. As I remember, there was very little roll coupling in knife edge. At the time, 3D was not the rage it is now so I can not comment on how it does extreme aerobatics.

Enjoy it and if you can find a way to lighten it up, I would do so.

Keith
Old 08-30-2002, 09:00 PM
BillJ
My Feedback: (19)

There are two versions of the G Shark........the original and the Mark II...........Second version had larger tail surfaces as I recall

Also agree that you had to keep it a little on the hot side to land and avoid tip stall.............

Good Luck
Old 05-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Dougboiler91
My Feedback: (23)

I believe my G-Shark is the second generation. I picked it up from a fellow club member who had it in his basement this winter.

I'm using an old Quadra 35 for power. Manufacturer date was 1979. It had only been fired once or twice over the last 24 years. I was real concerned it would be under-powered, but have been pleasantly surprised after break in. I flew it for the first time recently, and had a blast. Vertical lacks some, but otherwise it handles like a sport plane. Keep a bit of throttle on her until during the final approach to the run-way during landing, or she can tip stall on you. Outside loops look graceful, and I can even knife edge with slight aileron correction. Maybe down the road I'll put a bigger engine on, but for now I'm satisfied.

This Quadra 35 is my first gas engine. I'm leaning toward gas now that I've experimented with it. This set-up is a good ice-breaker for me to learn this gas stuff!

Dougboiler91