Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Set the angle of the flybar paddle

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Set the angle of the flybar paddle

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 07:28 PM
R-Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set the angle of the flybar paddle

I use this device, an Angle Finder to set the pitch/measure the angle on the fly paddle on my d22. It's more accurate than using eye-ball estimating the pitch on the paddle.

http://www.harborfreight.com/
the part number is 34214-2vga or 34214-2RFH
Only $5.99
Old 01-05-2005, 12:53 PM
swashplate

Default RE: Set the angle of the flybar paddle

Hey thats neat, I might just get one of those! So rudder, you may have observed that i have some older posts on paddle pitch, and I have to say for me the jury is still out. I think like it on the 22d because it does get the heli off the ground at alower rpm, and I feel that gives the gyro more leway to do its work, and possibly stronger cyclic response as well. On the other hand I find that the heli tracks better and has more inherent disk stability when they are pitched flat so I dont realy know. My method was to use roll or pitch servo set on max in on direction set the near paddle flat, then the other direction with the servo, and set the opposite paddle flat. This seems to be the maximum that the paddles should ever (if ever) be pitched. If they were pitched more then it would go negative, and i have tried that, and it doesn't seem to help[:-]. So a little, a lot, none? What are your observations of flight caracteristics with different settings??
Old 01-05-2005, 07:27 PM
R-Rudder

If the paddles with uneven pitch angles(i.e., one is with 3 degree, and other is 0 degree), the heli would swing side by side/leaning toward one direction. If both paddles are with 0 degree, the leaning stops toward neither direction.

Without an angle finger, after tightening the screws on the paddles, the pitch on the paddles change slightly, become uneven again.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:40 PM
swashplate

Wow that much? Sounds great thanks!!